It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Texmom85

Hi there texmom,

Just wondering how you are feeling, hope you had a good cry and left it all out of the system and feeling better, Let me know how you are doing, and not to mention your neighbours !!!

Round 1

Old 04-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User
Re: Texmom85

Hey Round1,

I must admit that I had a good chuckle after reading your response to my bird post. It definitely lifted my spirits.

I am still suffering quite a bit, pain-wise. I am going to see if I can get into my internist and/or orthopedic doctor sooner than scheduled so I can get some better pain medications and perhaps something other than Lyrica so I can lose some weight. My tendonitis hurts so bad, I can hardly function. It is difficult to not use my arm, but using it makes the pain so much worse. I've gone to physical therapy, but it just doesn't seem to be helping.

I think this new pain, in addition to the FM pain, is really wearing me down emotionally because it is even more physical limiting. I also have the worry about my husband's job ending next month, which will be very hard on us financially. I am trying to have faith that he will find a new position before his current one ends, but then I worry about whether we will have to move to a new city...I am just not physically up to the task of making my house ready to sell or getting ready for a major move. I guess God is really showing me that I am not in control and must depend on Him for all my needs, but I wish He would give me a break from some of these troubles.

I am hanging in there, and I sincerely appreciate you checking on me. I cannot seem to cry and let it out, still feeling weary. I am just trying to take it a day at a time. I think if I can get some pain relief, it will help my emotional state greatly. Hopefully, I'll be able to get in to see one of the doctors soon.

How are you doing? I've been away from the boards all day and haven't caught up yet. I hope you have some good news to report.

Thanks for asking; I'll let you know if/when anything with hubby's job situation changes and if I get some new pain meds.

Blessings,
TM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

texmom:
I am glad to see you posting and taking it moment by moment. I am trying to do the same. I was wondering if you had ever considered Methadone as a pain medication. It helps when alot of other have failed, or don't work very well. It is also dirt cheap which would really help you out if you will not have insurcance. Hopefully you are checking on what you will do with the medications, and maybe look at the stores/pharmacy places that offer the $4 generics. Keep us posted on what happens.

brian

Old 04-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User

Hey Brian,

Yeah, I'm still going day-by-day right now. The pain is coming at me from so many different directions that I can't see straight. The nerve pain is starting to break thru with more frequency and intensity, and the tendonitis in my right arm is unbelievably painful. Two vicodins didn't make much of a dent.

I will research Methadone; I really don't know much about it. Obviously I want something that will really help with my pain, but hopefully doesn't have side effects or cause me to develop a severe dependence. How would you describe its effects on you, as opposed to Lortab, Vicodin or other things you've taken? Do you experience any side effects from it?

I'm also slowing discovering my food allergies. I ate two things last night that really made me miserable for hours afterward. Tomatoes are bad, and it appears as though corn might be as well. That will dramatically change my diet--do you how many things contain either tomatoes or some type of corn product? Yikes! But perhaps avoiding them will help to get me some relief from my FM pain. I know it won't help the tendonitis or back/neck nerve pain, but hey, it's a start.

Thanks for the recommendation; I'll try to research it today and call my doc on Monday. I'm sure if it makes any sense at all to try, she'll let me do it. During the period when I could not sleep at all, she even had me try Xyrem, which is ghb (and very legal, I assure you) to knock me out. It did, but only for a short time and did not provide a refreshing sleep. But she was bold enough to try something, anything to help my insomnia, which had been going on for months, and she is willing to consider anything reasonable that can help me with my pain. The goods news is that if the methadone makes me sleepy, it would probably aid my still sensitive system at bed time.

How are you doing? Feeling at all more positive? I still have you in my daily prayers and will continue to do so. Keep us posted.

Thanks for caring, I do appreciate it very much.

Hanging by my toes,
TexMom

Last edited by TexMom85; 04-26-2008 at 08:29 AM. Reason: sp

Old 04-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey Tex: I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way. I am so sorry you have so many difficult things going on right now. I remember years ago going through something similar to your husband's unfortunate lay off. My husband lost his job, quite suddenly, due to the small company he worked for just up and deciding one Thursday, that they were shutting their doors.

I did not have CP then and was able to take on a second job, myself, to help bring in a little extra. I know my husband has a fear that it could happen again and this time, I could not help, because I can no longer work. He hasn't actually come out and said anything to me specifically, but I know it is a big fear for him and also for me. His job certainly seems stable, but with the way the world is today, you just never know....

I guess I just wanted to let you know that I understand and I am praying for good things to happen for you. You so deserve it. You are such a kind and compassionate person. You always have warm and encouraging words for me and all of the others here. I want you to know how much it means to me. Please hang in there, and if you need to have some stronger meds right now, then don't deprive yourself of them. I know the dependence issue is scary, but sometimes it is just necessary, so we can deal with the other curve balls that life tends to throw at us.

God bless you and your family. I am praying for your pain and for your husband to find something soon. If you need a shoulder, you know we are all here for you. Gentle hugs, cmpgirl

Old 04-26-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMom85 View Post
Hey Brian,

I will research Methadone; I really don't know much about it. Obviously I want something that will really help with my pain, but hopefully doesn't have side effects or cause me to develop a severe dependence. How would you describe its effects on you, as opposed to Lortab, Vicodin or other things you've taken? TexMom
I don't currently take Methadone but have tried it before. Unfortunately I could not take it because it made me itch all over. However, it does not have that effect on everyone and maybe it was too strong for me considering I went from Percocet to Methadone. It might not even have that effect now if I would try it. I do know that the tolerance issue is not very much on the Methadone. Many people are on the same dose for years and also the doses are usually pretty low. Like I was taking 20mg/day total.

I would suggest at least trying it and then you might be able to drop some of your other meds, just a thought. I am doing better and not having as many cravings as I was. I am planning on going to an NA meeting tonight and it is at a treatment center. I have been to it before and it really helps me to realize and remember when I was in a treatment facility. I also thought about my brother being in jail still and actually he went to prison now because of this "disease" that runs in our family. Sometimes I feel like its a curse and then other times I feel like it has made me stronger and changed my thinking completely. If I had never found NA then I would probably either be in jail or dead and neither one of those options sounds very appealing.

I do need a break from watching the kids, because that is really starting to wear me down. I need quite a bit of sleep, usually 10 hours per night, and I have not been getting it. Please pray for me and that everything will go through for my brother's gf to get the assistance for the daycare and it starts soon. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers.

brian

Closed Thread