It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

cat_100 HB User
Well, it's on...kind of..

I put the patch (Mylan Fentanyl, 25mcg) on yesterday after work as you guys suggested. I was really surprised by how small and thin it is.

I thought I would wake up this morning in no pain, but no such luck. However, I only had to take the one Oxy in the morning and another one tonight. And I actually cleaned my kitchen and did two loads of laundry! Do you know how long it's been since I was able to do that much in one day?

And no nausea, dizzyness or any other side effects.

The real test will come on Monday when I sit over a microscope for hours at work. We'll see how I do.

I did scratch the thing half off already though by mistake. Luckily, I have some of that tape in the house that they use in the hospital to keep your IV attached to your hand, so I put a piece of that over it. I might just use that each time for a while until I get used to not scratching in the area where the patch is.

Thanks again for all of your advice!

Cat

Old 04-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Well, it's on...kind of..

Cat.....GREAT! Glad it worked out so well for you! Please keep an close eye on things though....As we discussed in the previous thread, the blood plasma levels (BPL) continue to rise over the first several patch applications. However, what you've described so far is excellent....Better safe than sorry, that's for sure.

Please let me know if I can help any further. Hope you feel better.

Ex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: Well, it's on...kind of..

I hate to put the Mylan brand down, but I will say that it did not work near as well as the Sandoz brand and many others on this board say the same thing. The Mylan brand tend not to stick as well either. Look at the post at the top of the board titled "patch sticking tips" or something like that. I can tell you what I have tried

1. Band Aid X-tra tough waterproof band-aids
2. Waterproof tape
3. Nexcare Tegaderm adhesive covers
4. Optsite Fleixifix adhesive cover

brian

P.S. the patch will peak on day 3 so be aware of this. then it tends to go up and down until it levels out around day 19. you might also find out that the patch does not last 3 days for you which it does not for me(I'm on the every 48 hour cycles)

Last edited by brianpain33; 04-27-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Closed Thread