It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

sunshine1973 HB User
Talking My Journey To Share

I was in a headon car accident in 1993: severe whip lash,severe back pain,sprained ankles and now have severe nerve pain in spine, neck, ankles and all joints.

I have: headaches - ALL THE TIME
myofascial pain syndrome
chronic pain syndrome
fibromyalgia
occipital neuralgia

I now own a wonderful neck brace that I get to tote around w/me incase I get a flair up from just sitting or standing the wrong way....I was on all kinds of phychiatry meds until they diagnosed me with these conditions that were a result from the auto accident.....

I NOW take IMITREX AS NEEDED FOR HEADACHES
NOURONTIN 300MG 3 X'S A DAY
VICODEN 2 5/500MG TABLETS 4 X'S A DAY
VALIUM DURING THE DAY FOR SPASMS
AND TO HELP ME SLEEP
ULTRAM IF NEEDED DOES NOT WORK FOR ME
FLEXERIL IF NEEDED DOES NOT WORK FOR ME

AND A TENS UNIT TO TOTE AROUND TO HELP WITH SOME OF THE PAIN WHICH I JUST BROKE YESTERDAY....WHEN I CANNOT THINK CLEARLY AND DO THE STUPIDIST THINGS....LIKE PUT WATER ON THE PADS TO HELP MOISTEN THEM WHILE THE TENS UNIT WAS ON......I CANNOT BELIEVE I DID THAT....JUST THE STUPIDIST THING I EVER DID AND NOW I WILL HAVE TO GET ANOTHER SCRIPT TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE AT MY EXPENSE, NO DOUBT THE INSURANCE COMPANY WILL NOT WANT PAY FOR IT...I HAD IT FOR 5 YEARS....I WILL HAVE TO CHECK INTO THIS, UGHH!!

I AM ON DISABLITY AND I DO NOT WORK AND JUST GETTING THINGS DONE AROUND THE HOUSE .....IS GETTING WORSE? I AM NOW REQUESTING A HIGHER DOSE OF PAIN MEDS....SO THAT IS WHY I AM ON THIS SITE....I HAVE BEEN OBSERVING IT AND I FEEL VERY CONFIDENT OF THE INFORMATION I FIND TO BE OF GREAT VALUE..
THANKS HEALTHBOARD!
MY SPIRIT TO LIVE AS WELL AS I AM ABLE ....IS NOT BROKEN..
UPSTANDING&PROUD1959

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: My Journey To Share

Sunshine: In case I haven't said it in one of your posts, Welcome!

I'm sorry for the reason you ended up here, but I am glad you found us. This board has been a very important place for me, since finding it, and I think you will find, we are a pretty terriffic little family (maybe a little grumpy once in a while, but hey...we all have pain! ) There is fellowship and support here and it is full of information.

So, again, welcome to the family. I look forward to hearing more from you. Take care, cmpgirl

Closed Thread