It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User
in help with a new dr in lou,ky ort iniana please help

hi all,i really need you guys,i am just able to really type. let me tell you what happen with my pain mgmt dr. first of all,i have servere spinal stenosis with servere hern disk. any many other troubles.i couple of years ago,i meet my husband too be at this dr office .we have been in too agrugement with his ex-wife,we knew she found out our dr name ,while one day we got into it over my daughter in law because she was a druggie,,(THE MOM)anyways, 3 days after i went to the dr on monday they called me on my cell and told me that i needed to come in for a pill count on thursday,my husband with the only car was at work,they never called him,anyways she told me i had to get there by 4 or we would both be kicked out.i told her i was out if town and they knew i was going out of town,i asked why if i couldn't come would we both be kicked out she said they we were prescibe a couple of meds alike.i am soo upset,i don't understand and i told her we are no one person,if that was the case why not just make us pay one co-payment.my husbands app is monday. friday they called my house again my husband seen it on the caller id and called his cell phone for the first time,which he don't knew why because she said if we wasn't there by thur, at 4 we were out of there. she never called my husband and even ask for him even after thur,when she called thurs,and he was at work unable to leave .so why call the house phone and his cell phone up til the time they closed at 11.30 am and not leave a message,they are only open 1/2 half of a day.so it is sunday and my husband is going top run out of meds,we have always done everything by the book, urine was always right.i don't understand how we could be treated like like the same person,they knew everything they wrote out the scpits,i was on 30mg of oxcodone 8 a day and soma and xanaxs 2 mgs. if you know a good dr please tell me,i know this is the best way to find one because we don't know each others name ,i scared and very angry,i know you guys understand because even if you have done nothing wrong and been at the same pain dr u for years can get kick out for reasons out of your control please,if you can help please do so,i know we can get dr name and location just not phone numbers. i hope this is understandable. pray for me. i hate that dr control my fate,as we all do.this can't be legal,thanks guys, kelsey1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: in help with a new dr in lou,ky ort iniana please help

I always say that it only take 1 person to make your life a living he**. I know that they are EXTREMELY strict in kentucky because the DEA is on a rampage with doctors there especially over Oxycontin and the doctors that prescribe it. I would have made it in there on thursday no matter what(call a friend, ride the bus, no matter what). Unfortunately this didn't happen and they make the rules. I guess both of you could try going in on Monday for a pill count/urine/blood test and explain the situation. I don't know if it would help but it could. Now you are going to be "black listed" and this will follow you to pretty much any doctor you go to. They will want your records and then this doctor is going to say you might be "addicts or drug seekers" and you will have a VERY VERY hard time getting treated. My only suggestion is to do what I suggested and maybe go to your GP doctor and explain what happened and see what they say.

brian

p.s. I could recommend a good doctor in Ohio if you wanted to travel to Columbus, it just might be worth it.

Last edited by brianpain33; 04-27-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Woah, I dont really understand, are you saying your husbands ex made some kind of false statement to your doctors office, which made them insist on a pill count? And you hubby is out of pills, but he has an appointment tomorrow?

I would go with hubby to his appointment and demand to be seen together, then ask them why they would dismiss you for not being able to come to a pill count at the drop of a hat when there was no other reason than a random strange phone call? You may have to submit to urine tests to prove you have the meds in your system, but that should be all.

If I were you, I would do everything in your power to resolve this with the current doctor, even if you found a new doctor, they probably wont prescribe without your records, and you dont want your records to show they asked for a pill count and never heard from you again! you have to make them see how unfair it was to demand you come in on the spot, they can test you now and find out the same thing, and if you are back in town, you can let them count your meds.

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

~Fabby

Old 04-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
(female)

irisheyes39 HB User

And then there is the Hippa Laws. What your husband does really should not be discussed with you or vice versa unless you have signed a waiver. I would scream about the Hippa laws and how you have been violated and I bet at the mention of this, some of the harassement will stop.

I live in Kentucky and had a similar event. I was at a pharmacy to get Ativan, since i have MS. The script was from Ohio, I live close to the border and I had seen this doctor for, get this.. 40 years. The pharm tech yelled out across the counter at me that they would not fill an "out of state script" and pretty much humilated me infront of the other customers of course suggesting I was a druggie or drug dealer. I promptly demanded to see the manager and brought up the Hippa laws. To which all eyes became very buggy and the apologies began. I demanded they call my doctor instead of broadcasting their on the spot assumptions to the world. I did this loudly and in front of all the other customers. Needless to say I never had a problem again.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hi, thanks
no one made a false statement,but his ex- wive .he was working anwser even got a call,on the home phone or a cell phone .she called and lied on both of us.and we had to both be there for the count,so ,it didn't matter if i got there or he got there.we both had to be there at the same time.i was out of town and i couldn't get there, and they know that. all of our urine test came back right,we did everything we could,like i said they never even called and talk to my husband and that is part of the contract.as far as beening on a black list ,that will not happen because we did nothing every right. we everything right. we couldnt have done anything.this wasn't the dr calling it was the office mgm calling.and why did they call on friday til 12.00 pm.i am so upset.i went to the dr on this past monday and he had a appt tomm. after thur she said we were both out.soo unfar. so please if you know good dr in ky or iniana. we did everything right, no one can be aval 365 days, think ohio too far....any help please please kelsey ps we are on oxcondone not oxycontin.
thanks alot for help,i need a good dr

Last edited by kelsey1; 04-27-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

So sorry to hear about your problem. However, if they called on a Friday and gave you such short notice, and given you were out of town and between the two of you, only have one car, then I'm sure the Doc will be somewhat understanding. I agree with Fabby that both of you should go to the Appt on Monday and explain your situation. I'd also explain that the ex-wife is the one who slandered you. Lots of the previous posters have given some great advice....I'd follow it to a T.

Good luck.

Ex

Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

thanks for info,but i was told no matter what if we are not both there by 4pm we were out of there.we are going to try to do what we can monday,but she told me .can i sue?thanks for all of your help.kelsey1

Last edited by kelsey1; 04-27-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

I am having a really hard time reading and understanding your post. Are you out of your meds right now? This might explain why I can't quite grasp what is going on here with all the miss spelled words and sentences that aren't making sense to me.

this sounds SO FISHY to me!!

It sounds to me that this Dr wants you and your husband terminated from his practice and nothing you can say or do at this point is going to change there mind. Something has happened with the trust factor here. you will have to find a new Dr and this is going to take some time it is not going to happen in one day how many pills do you have left can you cut back some? you may need to go on suboxone until you can figure this out or the methadone clinic for a daily dose to avoid W/D. I am very sorry to hear this news Kelsey. WOW! What a bummer you and hubby are in, I am very sorry.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hi, all
i am sorry about my spelling i only have limited use of my hand ,i will
try to be more clearly. my husbands ex- wife is the reason why the trust changed,she called in and made up stuff,and we jnow this for sure.no i am not out of meds,but my husbands appt was today so he is. I can't believe i might have to go without meds. this is soo scary.because someone got mad at us they called our dr on us,and we only had so many hours to get out there for a count,both of us,so i guess people can't work. god i am just soo scared. just think of it like this you could go to work and get home and not have a dr. thanks guys kelsey1

Old 04-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Has your husband been to the appointment yet? If so, did he explain that his ex-wife is being malicious and has no business calling and making up lies about the 2 of you? I am curious as to what the doctor has to say about this.

If you have never given your doctor any reason to question your compliance with the meds, it is very wrong of him to take the word of some crack-pot caller. I just don't understand what she said that could make any doctor take her seriously.

Maybe it is time to talk to an attorney about slander. I am not a legal professional, but I can't imagine it is on the up and up for someone to call another person's doctor and accuse them of wrong doing. And for the doctor to actually believe them, without first hearing the patient's side, is worse.

I don't really know what to advise you, except to try and find a new doctor who will be willing to take this whole mess into consideration. I would hope that if you were honest and up front about everything right from the beginning, there has to be a doctor out there who is willing to listen and form his or her own opinion.

I wish you the best and please let us know how things are going.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

since you and your hubby were stellar patients and passed all UA'S and pill counts and blood work.. and you guys never called for early refills than there should NOT be an issue. I thought you had mentioned she called once before on you guys? If so could this be why?

You need to make an apt with this Dr and let him count your pills and do a blood and urine test on you since you have nothing to hide and have been compliant. I would not let this go kelsey if you guys are truly innocent and are not miss using your meds which it doesn't sound like you are than you having nothing to hide..

get an apt and let him check you out so he can see that you are not doing anything wrong. I hope his ex wife is happy now. She must be very angry at the two of you for something if you do get a new DR Never ever let her know who your new Dr is. she will do this again to you...... I can't believe she would do this to you, HOW SICK. what exactly did she tell your Dr? That is one thing you haven't mentioned. what did she say about you guys to make him fire you? I am so sorry. I would look into sub as its going to take awhile for you to find a new Dr you are on a farily high dose of oxy, I think your on 240 mgs a day, that isn't low so I am not sure if a DR will just start writting RX'S for that high of a dose without records... you won't be able to use your medical records if he put something in there about you doing what ever it is he thinks you did wrong!! At least ask the Dr if he wrote anything in your chart so you can at least try and seek medical care elsewhere.

good luck, SS

Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Why are you looking for a new doc in Lousianna, Kentucky or Indianna...that's the part I don't get. Those places aren't even remotely close, or did I just miss something.

I'm still not understanding what happened, what was said by the ex-wife to the doc, and I guess just most of the situation.

But why would you be willing to travel so far, when you couldn't get across town to a "last min" call by the doc for a pill count!??? *scratches head*

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Old 04-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

I still say your best chance here is to go into the doctors office with your hubby and all your pills and say you arent leaving until you speak to the doctor. Insist that you are now willing to do the pill count and any tests he wants, and explain about the ex wife, I just think no matter what happens after, you have to do this first.

If he kicks you out at that point, you have firm ground on which to seek another doctor, and your efforts at resolving the issue will be part of your permanent record. Without that, it looks bad, you may find you have a hard time finding a new doctor, even if that seems unfair.

HTH, Fabby

Old 04-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

hi guys,
i am looking for a dr in louisville,ky or iniana(SP) they are close. and we have never even talked to the dr, our contract states that opon calling and telling us we have til the end of that day, to get there. they called my cell,they never even talked to my husband at all,they told me that we both had to be there by 4 pm. my husband was at work and we have one car i was like 4-5 hours away at my aunts,we tried to call and talk to the dr but they won't let us,i would love to go in there and give them my pills and let them do what ever they have to but since we both couldn't get there by 4 pm it doesn't matter why,they don't care.a friend of my husband is the one that told us that the ex called and said that we sell our med and took too many.it will take time to get to another dr office i know and she will never know how that is.live and learn .i know this is hard to understand.one more thing the dr at this office we really don't know because you only see him about 1 once a year you see the np and shes out of town now.my husband didn't get to go to his appt.sorry for the misunderstanding. i am going to have to wait for the records and on top of all this my husband was in a car wreck (that was not his fault)now he is in more pain. kelsey thanks

Last edited by kelsey1; 04-28-2008 at 01:48 PM.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey1 View Post
hi guys,
i am looking for a dr in louisville,ky or iniana(SP) they are close.
OK, my bad, that makes sense!

Quote:
and we have never even talked to the dr, our contract states that opon calling and telling us we have til the end of that day, to get there. they called my cell,they never even talked to my husband at all,they told me that we both had to be there by 4 pm. my husband was at work and we have one car i was like 4-5 hours away at my aunts,we tried to call and talk to the dr but they won't let us
IMHO, you are giving up WAY to easy. Park it in the waiting room and don't leave without seeing the doctor.

Quote:
i would love to go in there and give them my pills and let them do what ever they have to but since we both couldn't get there by 4 pm it doesn't matter why,they don't care.
Just do it!! Present yourself at the doc's office and don't leave until they see you. You are letting an office manager tell you that you can't see the doctor....I would not accept that. I would fight with everything I had, quote HIPPA LAW and threaten malpractice UNTIL I was seen, explained my side of the story, and THEN if the doc fired me, so be it!! You are giving up without a fight IMHO.

Good luck, I hope you get it resolved.

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Closed Thread