It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User
trigger point injection

hi , i'm hoping to post my story later , but i'm in to much pain , ive had a back injury and i had cortizone trigger point injections on friday,( 7) and my pain is going like in waves, so at times better,
i'm still taking pain pills how long does it take to know if its going to work?? i'm also concidering and esi (my dr aproved it already

but i don't want to jump the gun if this will work .sorry if my typing ,spelling etc is awfull i'm laying down.i've been down sence dec7 inbed.
any replies woulkd be great!
lady

Last edited by ladybuggy02; 04-27-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User
Re: trigger point injection

Hi Ladybug , The trigger points should of helped by now , I just had a few myself a couple weeks ago , the first one's I got didn't help at all and I called my Dr. back up a week later and he had me come back in.. He gave me 6 more injections and 2-3 days later I felt alot better .. Funny thing tho , the ESI's never helped me but these trigger points do ?? Call your Dr.

Sorry your having so much pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

hi do you getting hot flashs and heart racing 24 hours after? i called the pharmacey and they said it can happen if it didn't subside or got any worse to be seen...i think they have stoped so far today..would it get worse with more shots?
lady

Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hi Ladybuggy: The hot flashes and heart racing are a somewhat common side effect/reaction to steroids, like cortizone. I've known a lot of people who have had this reaction. I would give your doc a call and let them know. It's likely that it would happen again, possibly more so, if you were to get another injection, so be careful. I would make sure to continue your meds in the meantime, so your pain doesn't get worse.

I never had any luck with the trigger point injections or the ESI's, but everyone is different. Good luck and let us know how you are doing. Take care, cmpgirl

Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

thanks i feel so alone being down, my hubby is great my 4 kids are doing there best but i still feel so down right now thanks for the replies i also put what happened to me under back prob. i didn't want to double post
lady

Last edited by ladybuggy02; 04-28-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Ladybug , I have been to 4-5 different PM Dr.'s for injections and none of the injections ever helped me one bit.. I found this new Dr. a few months ago and he ask me to point out my pain spots , so I did .. He put an X on the spots and gave me a few injections and 3 days later I felt 90% better. I ask him where he injected me and he said around my hardware... He's the only Dr. that could help me.. I think these other doc's just injected me next to my L4-L5 vertebra.. That doctor said my hardware is the source of my pain..
Weird huh ? I don't think I ever got hotflashes , but I do get awful sick from them and very dizzy like I'm going to pass out..

Old 04-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

hi , i get dizzy when my heart races and feel also like passing out... after sunday i haven't had any more of those my dr office just called and are going to try some more trigger point injections they have helped some. but when i went it i didn't take any meds and was haveing withdrawels and then my stupid panic attack happed so they had me take my xanax and i was able to calm done and was ok but i realized we missed some of the main points we got my "tail"bone ok but my mid low back i'm wanting to try them there ... so this time i took all my meds the nurse said it was ok cause it doesn't take the pain away i can still feel where its radiating from... i'm still scared my hubby is taking lunch early so he can take me thank god he is my rock...if this doesn't work then i might try the esi hope fully this will i'm so scared it will make my heart race more i will talk to the dr. about it i've learned to make lists to take with me even when i call so i don't forget sorry if i'm rambleing .....
ladybuggy

also i put my "story" on back prob. board L4/L5 min. buldge , 9 vertabreas are all the way to the left and my sacreum is messed up..found out i have deg. disc and mild scoliosis 15 sorry about my spelling...

Last edited by ladybuggy02; 04-29-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Closed Thread