It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
(male)

gophermn HB User
Softball injury??

Hi all, quick question. I have sharp pain on the right side sort of between my right arm pit and hip but just below the rib cage.

I was playing softball and of course showing off I tried to run sprints chasing down a ball. All of a sudden I felt a pain in that same area and it just hurts to high-heaven when I throw the ball.

Did I pull something? I tried ***** skeleton muscle search but cant find a muscle in that area?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
(male)

gophermn HB User
Re: Softball injury??

Someone said it could be: transverse abdominus
Would what I described above cause that to tear or get pulled?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Speaking from a muscular standpoint, our muscular system is all connected directly or indirectly and I'm sure you could have pulled any number of muscles. It can be easy to do. I have sneezed the wrong way and pulled a muscle. I would try an anti-inflam, such as Ibuprofen and maybe ice and moist heat. If it persists, call your doctor and have him/her check it out.

Take care.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
(male)

gophermn HB User

Thank you - knowing the pain happened running after the ball obviously tells me I pulled/stretched/torn something. Looks like I am sitting out a few games now.

Whats odd is that I been running and lifting weights all fall/winter so I am amazed that something simple as running/throwing a ball jacked me up. I thought I should have been in better shape? Grrrr!

Last edited by gophermn; 04-28-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Closed Thread