It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

mzpain HB User
?? Has Anyone Heard ??

Hi all, I am in a panic, I got a call from my pharmacy telling me he cant order my Sandoz 12mcg. patches until AUGUST!!!! He says his supplier wont have any in stock! I think that when there was the 25 mcg. recall everyone grabbed up double the 12 mcg. and now the supplier is out! My pharmacy guy started trying to push the Mylan on me and I said NO WAY! Then he says he will do a few complimentary phone calls to try and find some at another pharmacy, like its not HIS problem! He will find out how much it is HIS problem when I go into withdrawals! My pharmacy has been ordering these for months for me so I don't understand why this issue wasn't brought to my attention over a week ago when they couldn't order them?
Anyway, this particular pharmacist is a little dweeb and started trying to play doctor a few months ago and I think he called my doc and tried to tell him how to prescribe my meds to me and I bet my doc put him in his place. The pharmacists story seems fishy though like he is just trying to make me use the 25mcg. This guy has NO life and really tries to butt into mine and if I can verify that he is lying I wont stop complaining until I have him fired, I am sick of all the stories about pharmacists giving us CPer's crap and they think they are doctors, ya maybe wanna be, thats what my doc told me.
Enough ranting, does anyone know how I can find out if these patches really are not order able until august? I wonder if I can call Sandoz myself and get any answers? or I think I would be content if I could at least call the supplier. Well, I guess anyone else that uses the 12mcg. Sandoz patches will be in withdrawal with me until August! I don't think so, this just doesn't sound right, it's just like immediately cutting off alot of patch users and some company should be liable for people going into withdrawal! Heck, we have enough problems with the doctors cutting us off and getting away with it. I guess I had better get to searching all the pharmacies to find one that has Sandoz. I just called the pharmacist and asked him who his supplier was and he said it so fast I couldn't understand him then he said there are like only 2 major suppliers nationally, I asked him if he had any 25mcg. and maybe I would be sleepy but I wouldn't be in withdrawal, and he said he cant get the 25mcg. EITHER! I said "WOW" this supplier is very irresponsible if their isn't any of either patch until AUGUST, I said just short of nuclear war would be the only good excuse for the supply to be nonexistent until august. He said he wouldn't let me go into withdrawal he would get my doctor to get the insurance to pay for name brand, that's a good idea I will call my doc first and ANYBODY out there with any ideas, let me know. Thanks Have A Great One!
Mzpain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: ?? Has Anyone Heard ??

No I have not heard about any recall concerning the 12mcg patch and I even checked the Duragesic and Sandoz site for information. I think that ALOT of people are currently using these in place of the 25mcg patch. This may be the problem. You could always Sandoz and ask what pharmacies they distribute to. This would be the easiest thing to do instead of calling pharmacies around town and asking if they carry Sandoz brand. Of course you could probably narrow things down by calling small, private, mom&pop pharmacies. This is what I use for my patch and I get Sandoz. Heck I just got 2 boxes of 12mcg Sandoz patches and i can't use them. I know you probably don't want to hear that I have some that I can't use.

If you can get the brand Duragesic then that would be a good solution but I don't know how much extra you might have to pay. Duragesic does still have a $50 rebate coupon on their site so that might be useful. Let us know what you find out

brian

Old 04-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

i went through that recently and ended up calling mylan customer service and they located a pharmcy in my area that not only had it in stock but would be willing to order it for me on reacuring schduel for me . The big chains are confused with the recall and pulled much of it off the shelves and wallgreens and cvs out and out only caring watson which is new to the market.
So before totaly panic call the manufactor and have them call in your areas of
drug stores that may have their brand in stock and are willing to order it .
Yes it was panic time for a while and scary that the big chain stores un willing to order and were MISS informed so badly. Do not leave your script with that pharmacy or you will be stuck going back to doc for a nother written one

Old 04-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Try a different pharmacy...Different pharmacy's use different distributors. I always give my pharmacy about 2 weeks lead time to get the meds in need (when they have to order). In the event of a shortage, I use a different pharmacy & then report the incident to my Doc so he can document my file. Most of us are on contracts and are required to use one pharmacy....Thus, the need to report it.

Ex

Old 04-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

I am in the central mountain area....I have been able to get the 25's EXCEPT for the 3 weeks when they were recalled. I swear they have been available here and NOT old ones [they cant sell those] and both are chain pharmacies.
C*** M****t, and W*****T. [hope I dont get into trouble for posting this...]
I am not kidding. My doc wrote for me in Feb, third week for the 12's b/c of the shortage. THEN about 3 weeks later gave me a script for the 25's again, and I had not problem getting them filled at either place, and STILL they stock them. I have asked.
Currently Im staying on the 12's. They actually are doing ok for me, and I think I made them work knowing I may have to. But I have also asked if the 25's are available, and every time I get "YES" from my pharmacies.
This is wierd....
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 04-28-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Yes, it is very weird because as I posted about a week or so ago, I called Janssen to request the bio covers and when I had the RN on the phone, I asked what was the situation with the 25s, and her exact quote was "I have no information at this time." When I pressed for just some general information or a ballpark range, she gave me the same BS quote. I think Steve said it best when he said (in that thread) that clearly something major was going on that they aren't prepared to discuss.

The last time I got my 12s filled, my regular pharmacy couldn't get them, but another independent one could via their distribution chain. I really wish someone could get to a sales rep...They would know what's going on.

Ex

Closed Thread