It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
(male)

gophermn HB User
Dull ache - can stress cause this?

Ok, can stress cause symptoms like this? This by all means is not serious and the pain on a scale of 1-10 is a .75 or 1.

I have been getting this very mild ache smack center about 4 fingers up from the belly button. I do notice that once the mild ache shows up, there might be (80% of the time) gas involved.

I am curious is stress can play with your body. My stress would be the fact that I am being reviewed by the US Trustee for bankruptcy so one can imagine that issue has been on my mind the last 90 days.

All stools, urine and appetite are fine. The doctor ran liver tests mid July 2007 and everything was normal according to him. I was being tested for diabetes which was negative.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User
Re: Dull ache - can stress cause this?

Yes, stress can cause all kinds of problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
(male)

gophermn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthr Itis View Post
Yes, stress can cause all kinds of problems.
So when would it be feasible to get checked? Again all urine/stools/eating habits are fine. Someone here at work said perhaps GallStones. That would push my pain tolerance from a .075 to something higher if that was the case, right?

Perhaps I wait it out until after the bankruptcy thing. Its just this dull ache comes and goes but only last for like 1 or 2 seconds. Then I feel nothing for 5 - 15 minutes. Sigh

Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

I had to be examined in the ER for stress induced chest pain. This was after my first wife left me and my stress was at an all time high. Because your pain is such low intensity and so intermittent, I would write it off to stress and forget about it for now, even if it continues. If it gets worse and becomes more frequent, then you might return to the doc.

Pain from gall stones is excrutiating. I've had that too. It made me want to die. That's clearly not what you are suffering.

Best of Luck!

steve

Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

It could be that you do have a problem with your gallbladder, but not necessarily gall stones. You could have the beginning stages of gallbladder disease or maybe just a little "sludge" that is working it's way through your gallbladder. I wouldn't worry too much unless the ache or pain increases. You can always have your doctor run a gallbladder function test to see how well your gallbladder is functioning. I was told that the area where you are experiencing the ache is where you feel gallbladder problems. keep up posted on the ache/pain.

brian

Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
(male)

gophermn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpain33 View Post
It could be that you do have a problem with your gallbladder, but not necessarily gall stones. You could have the beginning stages of gallbladder disease or maybe just a little "sludge" that is working it's way through your gallbladder. I wouldn't worry too much unless the ache or pain increases. You can always have your doctor run a gallbladder function test to see how well your gallbladder is functioning. I was told that the area where you are experiencing the ache is where you feel gallbladder problems. keep up posted on the ache/pain.

brian
I will do that - thank you!!!

Closed Thread