It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
(male)

leebrown61 HB User
Ab Out Of Meds, My Fault

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check in since, as I mentioned before, I have not posted for awhile. I run out of meds today and meant to call for refills yesterday but got busy at work and forgot. I called today but was told that the doc probably will not be able to write them until tomorrow. I have to pick one up at the office. He is a nice doc and it is my fault for not calling in earlier. He is my new family prac doc since I moved to S.C. He has been very good. I have been hurting alot lately but the meds help the pain go down. I have started to have alot of aching in both of my legs and this is new. I may metion it at my next appointment but I don't want to get referred to a spine clinic again and have those shots in my back that have never helped.
Pleae wish my luck. I have enought meds to take one later and only one left after that. They are short acting, dilaudid and hydrocodone but I will have to get by. Guess it will teach me a lesson but I am so sick of having to call to ask for meds. I need to take the meds to keep the pain down so that I can function. This is not an ideal way to live. I guess you all know that.
Brianpain, I have read many of your posts. Hang in there. I went through a very very rough patch about a year ago. I was seeing my shrink twice a week and I did not think that I was goint to make it but I did. At least mentally, I have a better grip on things.

Take care everyone,

Lee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
(female)

tini12 HB User
Re: Ab Out Of Meds, My Fault

I know how you feel, it sucks to have to call the doc every 22-25 days depending your quantity to get your rx filled. my doc is only in the office 2x a week so if i don't plan accordingly i am screwed also! not to mention if you call a day or 2 early you hear, "are you taking the medicine as rx'd" why do you need it early? blah blah

planning is key and I know it can be hard with life and work! Hang in there

Old 05-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey Lee: I can relate. My PM is an hour away and they mail my scripts to me every month, so when I forget, I have a longer wait to get them. It's not a drive that is easy for me, so I can't always get down there to just pick them up. I do keep a small amount of "extra" meds in the house (with my doc's knowledge and approval) and this has saved me more than once.

If I have one or two pills left over at the end of the "month", I keep them for emergencies. I rotate them, each time I get a new script, so they don't get old or stale. I know this might not be an option for some, who have uber strict PM's, but if it's possible, I sure have found it to be a good thing.

Hang in there, and try not to overdo, while you are waiting. cmpgirl

Old 05-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

I'm in the same boat, My doctor sees his CP patients every 28 days, so I have to wait until the day I am out to go in, sometimes I forget to make the appointment as I am leaving, and have to call, and all they have left is late afternoon, so by then the pain is spiking.

Dont be afraid to be a bit pushy, everyone forgets things once in a while, Its perfectly okay to call and ask if they can make an exception for you this time and put a rush on it and get it this afternoon. I have had to do that, and they will do it if you ask.

Hang in there Lee!

Your Friend, Fabby

Closed Thread