It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

sandy0224 HB Usersandy0224 HB User
Insurance DOES pay for accupuncture!!!

I am SO thrilled I can't even begin to express it here. I have had VERY bad back problems that I fear will lead eventually to surgery. I had one treatment of accupuncture a few weeks ago and was told I had to pay 35 dollars each time which limited how many times I could have it done. I was very depressed over this because that one treatment actually helped me!!! I was so shocked that I could cook dinner without my TENS unit on and it lasted about 10 days! So, for once I am reporting GOOD news. I'm calling my pm doc tomorrow to get set up on regular treatments now. I sure do wish that would cure the rest of my pain, but for now I'll settle for some relief in my back! I was skeptical about the accupuncture before, but now I'm a believer!

Think they can give me an all over treatment for the fibro!? Wishful thinking!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Re: Insurance DOES pay for accupuncture!!!

This is so great to read.

I am really happy for you. Some insurance carriers are finally seeing the benefit in alternative therapies. I enjoyed some good success with acupuncture awhile back. One thing for sure - these practitioners really know how to stimulate the endorphins. I would walk out of the office giddy.

Thanks so much for posting the good news.

steve

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

just so you know some plans not only pay for accupuncture but also for therapituc massages. I go to a chircopractor's office in network and her massage folks are medically trained therapists. While i cannot do needles because of other issues with needles ( diabetic) i found some short term relief for massages. I can get up to 24 a year which works out great !
So glad you found something that is benificial. There is most certainly something to be said for alternative treatment.
I do think the massages help greatly with my circulation and keeping injections/ or pain levels from the 10's ranges.
Very happy for you! Good news is really appreicated around here hope we have some more .
/clap

Old 05-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

My insurance pays for alternative therapies including massage, chiropractor, crystal therapy, hot stone treatment, accupunture, biofeedback, etc.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Crystal therapy?

Something like going to a Crystal Gayle concert

I went to one of those. Talk about long hair...

steve

Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I was wondering what that mean't too. I guess it was like bath aroma or something special.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

I have heard some good things about accupunture. I hope you keep us informed on how it is going for you. I don't think my insurance covers it, but I am going to double check. My husband brought home some info. from a coworker sho swears she avoided surgery by getting it done. My Rehab doc also said it helped his back after surgery & he fully stands behind it as long as it is a well qualified/trained person doing it. Good luck & let us know how it goes. Sammy

Old 05-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Accupancture used for generations all over Europe, Asia and MidleEast .
This is unbelivably healthy treatment: knowlegable therapist inserts very thin (hair like) needles to your pressure points.
By doing so, it brings blood circulation to affected tissues, inflammed muscles. It works magic.
I had many times this done by a Dr from Asia for problems related to "women's area" before my hysteroctomy.

Remember, this treatment used not only for pain and not only for joint problems. For any health issues - because, like I sad earlier, brings blood circulation and reduces inflammation as a result.

Very important to remember couple of things: you have to have minimum of 10 sessions; if a problem more serious it could take as many as 25 sessions. To maintain situation, Dr usually recommends to have this done 2 times a year as many sessions as needed.
Very importanto make sure your Dr is very knowlegable, because good results depending on finding pressue points and work on them with a needle.
It may not hurt you, but you don't want to waist your time and money.

Good luck to you!

Old 05-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
(female)

I'm so excited. I have a pm appt for refills and accupuncture!!! I'm just beside myself. Last time I walked out of there feeling SO wonderful and just can't wait for tomorrow's treatment!!!

Thanks for all the info and well wishes. It's great to have some good news to share every now and then!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
(female)

Had another treatment done today and I really, REALLY felt it when he turned on the electric stim. I felt it all up and down my spine and it kind of freaked me out. It was more uncomfortable this time than the last time. I wonder if he just went easy on me since it was my first time and he turned up the volume today, or what??

I got up and had a major head rush and really felt buzzed afterward. It was so strange! I had to sit down in the waiting room for a few minutes to get myself together! LOL

If anyone is considering this for treatment I say go for it. It's really helping me and I feel better all over this afternoon. It really is a miracle!

Closed Thread