It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
(female)

bk1014 HB User
Fentanyl - Anyone take 1600 mcg?

Wondering if anyone out there takes a script for the dose of 1600 mcgs of lollipops? Along with Oxycodone and Oxycotin? I hear from everyone that eventually the pain meds dont work but I never see anyone taking dosages near this level. Can one become so immune to it they can function on daily use?

Also, wondering about the side effects - such as effects on personality, memory and even sanity?

Thx.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ARANGER HB User
Re: Fentanyl - Anyone take 1600 mcg?

First, welcome to the boards.

I am prescribed 800mcg Actiq and I can take up to for a day, however, I don't even come close to that amount. I maybe use them a couple times a month when pain is at its worst.

Fentanyl is the strongest Pain med that is prescribed in the US. And the pops will cause you to become tolerant very quickly to other meds as well.

Have you been titrated with a lower amount of Actiq like 200 mcg first? If you don't mind giving us some of your history, we can answer your question a little better.

One thing to remember about Fent is that once you become immune to that, there is nothing stronger of meds to get. You may already know this, but Fent can cause death as it is very stong. You should always follow your docs script exactly and never dose more.

If you provide some history with your meds, etc, we can give you a little better opinion.

Take Care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread