It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Nervous and anxious! Diskogram tomorrow. Pain is same as always.

Hi everyone,

My Mom was able to make it here to drive me tomorrow morning to my diskogram.

My Mom is having burning pain too and she said again today that she has a whole new perspective on how I must live with constant intense pain.
She also said she just can't believe this is happening to her and she is scared and does not even know the cause yet

Me on the other hand! Well I am totaly anxious about this diskogram! I know that it will cause me to have pain and I am very nervous about getting everything in my neck all excited and inflammed more than it already is.

My pain levels are the same as always, but I did have a few hours where I felt the pain was only about a 7. I'll take it!

I will be leaving in the morning about 9 am. I cant have anything to eat 4 hour before the procedure so I am looking forward to being able to get up early like I normally do, and have coffee. I will have to get up only a 1/2 hour earlier but the coffe will be good. Sorry to say, but my one cup of coffee in the morning just really does it for me...lol.

Please keep me in your thoughs and prayers tomorrow morning. I will post as soon as I can.
If any one who reads this knows, do they tell you what they found during or after the procedure or do you have to wait for a report like MRI's and CT's?

Talk to you all in the morning.

Christine

Old 05-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User
Re: Nervous and anxious! Diskogram tomorrow. Pain is same as always.

The doctor who did my discogram showed me a picture of it afterward. During the procedure, he yelled "we have a leak" so at that time I knew something was wrong. When I was in recovery, he came in an showed me a picture and pointed out where all of the dye had leaked out, but didn't say anything in terms of what would be done about it. I had done my reading by then, so I kind of knew what it meant. Are you having a CT afterward, too? I had a CT and got my films. They didn't say anything, but I looked at my films when I got home and it was very obvious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Chrissy, I will be happy to lift you up in prayer tomorrow. Fortunately I have not had this test but honestly I think it is an important test to make sure that you find the level that is the culprit of the pain. Good luck and I pray that they keep you out of much pain as possible.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hey Chrissy....I posted on your old thread, before I saw this one. I need more sleep!

Anyway, I'll just say it again. Best of luck with the test tomorrow and I hope it isn't too bad. I will be sending good thoughts your way and praying for it to be successful in helping you find out, once and for all, what is going on in there. Let us know how it went, when you feel up to it, OK?

Hugs and prayers for you and for your mom too, cmpgirl ((((Chrissy & Mom))))

Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Chrissy,
I will be thinking of you tomorrow and I will make sure that I pray for you tonight. I wanted to let you know that I am doing slightly better. My stress level is down a little, I was able to get some sleep over the weekend, and the kids are starting day care tomorrow. God has finally answered some of my prayers and I can also thank you and all of my PM buddies for lifting me up, supporting and praying for me.

Keep us posted. If they offer you something to relax you, I would suggest taking it.

brian

Old 05-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Thanks everyone,

I am up now having coffee and my morning medications. I am still feeling very anxious and nervous.

Toonerces1, thanks for sharing your experience with me. They do have a CT machine at the facility where it will be done. It is an imaging center so they may do a CT.

One of my friends told me that they gave her pain meds in the recovery room so if they offer and I need them I will take them.

My Mom and I make quite a pair!...lol...
I am glad she did come. I actually did something special for her because I will not see her on Mothers day.

I went to church yesterday and lit a candle for all my friens here and then went to the store afterwards and purchased some really pretty flowers and a nice pretty vase. I also got a Mothers Day card and some balloons and put them in her room. She was so surprised and really thought it was nice.

Well I better get going. I need to take some pain meds and lay down and read some of my school work before aI take a shower and head out.
Brian, I am glad to hear that your feeling better. I know how tough it has been latley.

See you on the other side.

Thanks everyone!

Christine

Old 05-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Chrissy,
Good luck to you, will be thinking of you tomorrow...

Old 05-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

onyxgates HB User

If you do have anything wrong with your discs then this will be a very painful test but they will give you that stuff that makes you forget. I just remember yelping and moving. Afterwards I was a little bit increased pain but not tremendous. They gave me meds right away and after those ran out, I just used ibuprofen along with my regular meds. I wish you the best. By the time I got to the discogram, I was just waiting for an answer. Probably will be how you fill...just wanting an answer. For me it means a fusion which we are planning for in August. I wish you the best!!! Hang in there!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Chrissy,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

You are such a precious soul, and it kills me that you hurt so much. I am so hopeful that your experience today won't be as painful are you are fearing.

Please let us know as soon as you are comfortable enough to post.

Take Care Chrissy,

steve

Old 05-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that things went smoothly for you today, that you did not suffer to much, you received enough medication to relieve the pain, and that your doctor found the information he needed from the test to determine the next step in your treatment plan.

Closed Thread