It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Hello To All The New People

Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few new names contributing to this forum lately. Some, completely new to the boards, and some who are new to this board. So, I just wanted to say Welcome! It is always a good thing to have new voices, opinions and questions. Some of you may have been "lurking" as they call it, for a while and some may have just stumbled upon us while looking for some answers on the world wide web (like I did, in the beginning) Also, some of you may have already been posting to other boards, or have come back here, to the PM board, after a "leave of absence".

While I am sure none of us is glad for the reason that brought you all here, we are all happy that you found us. And I just wanted to say hello, and please keep posting. For future reference......it's always a good idea to start a thread of your own, when you join us. Most of us are medicated and don't always see a new person's post in the middle of another thread. I do apologize for myself, in that respect. By starting a thread of your own, it gives the rest of us an opportunity to see you and welcome you to the boards. It's also a better way of ensuring that you recieve answers to your questions. I had a few people point that out to me, when I first came here.

Also, sometimes, when 2 people post to the same thread, at relatively the same time, their posts can tend to "cross in cyberspace" as I refer to it, and one poster may not see the other person's post. Please don't be offended. It is not an intentional snub. It is just the nature of the computer world and it sometimes can't be helped.

Anyway........I just wanted to say hello and acknowledge the presence of our new family members, and to encourage you all to post often. New opinions and new questions are always welcome and keep this board an interesting and educational place.....not to mention an unparallelled support system.

Welcome to all, and I hope to hear much more from you. Blessings, cmpgirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User
Re: Hello To All The New People

Very well said, especially the part about being medicated. That sure applies to me. I have noticed many mental skips since the narcotics began.
Fred

Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I am happy to see new people on this board too!
I hope we can be helpful to you; we usually good about offering support to each other here, so i am pretty sure you will be happy to come here and talk.

Just remember we are here for you 24/7, don't hesitate to ask, share and vent if you need to.

WELCOME!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Yep.

Welcome to all newcomers.

IMHO it's always critical that there's a continual influx of new folks. They bring such a fresh view of the world and our little world of pain management. I reach a place where I kinda have no more to say, then a newbie comes along with a whole different take on things and wonderfully adds to the dialog.

So welcome everyone. The more the merrier.

steve

Old 05-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

I would like to say welcome to all the new members as well. It was not too long ago, last fall to be exact, that I was a new member. I did not think that these people here would understand and be compassionate with all of the problems and issues that I face, in addition to the pain. I was completely wrong and I am glad that I have gotten to know many caring people. Sometimes I do not agree with everything the people here write. There are many times that people here are very honest and tell me things that I don't want to hear, but it is usually those things that help me the most. Sometimes we forget just how far we have come and how many things we have gone through until a new comer joins us and then we "see" how far we have come. Please don't think that a question you may have is dumb or stupid, because I have definitely posted some questions that I thought were ridiculous only to find out that many others had been through similar things.

brian

Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Great idea for a thread, I have also noticed that we have some new faces.

:::::Waving at everyone

I'm Fabby, the quiet one. what? oh hush, I am so.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrashamx View Post
I'm Fabby, the quiet one. what? oh hush, I am so.

And she's the shy, serious one too!

You make me smile almost every day, Fab. Hugs, cmpgirl

Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
(male)

mark76 HB User

Thanks so much for the welcome! This board really is amazing. I'm fairly new to PM, and I have to say that say that just going through posts on this board has been a huge help, both in terms of info, and just in terms of general support. Before I started the PM journey, I had no idea what people in chronic pain go through in terms of the constant "law enforcement" aspect. The people on this board -- with medical issues far worse than I could ever imagine -- are truly an inspiration!

Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Ditto to what everyone else has said. BIG WARM FUZZY WELCOMES TO YOU ALL!!

To all those who are new, please continue to visit, read and post!! You will find such a unique experience. Each person brings a different perspect to pain management here to the boards. We need fresh, new input to the boards.

I'm sorry that each of you have found us, for it means that you suffer on a daily basis, and plain and simple, that just sucks.

Keep coming for the support and education this board offers.

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Last edited by SpinalMalady; 05-07-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Closed Thread