It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User
esi

hi ,my trigger point injections worked ok the first 7 wore off by tuesday then the next 10 seem tobe workng but i went to pt (pool) and they thought we should take advantage of having the shots and i did way to much it through my vertabreas back to the left soo i had to increase my meds: (the cortizone is working still thank god but my spine its self hurts so bad my land pt is soo great he can move them back but i can't get in untell thursday so i have to just tuff it out i guess ,

i have 9 vertabreas that the chopracter injured and my pt has been trying to strengthen my muscles to keep them in place any way i've been in bed sence dec7 if i've haven't had inprovment by the end of the month i go to a speacalist unsure what kind...

now if the cortizone trigger point injections work right were they were injected does that mean that an esi would prob. work for me?? cause my dr. has it ordered for me so i can go in any time..( to the hospital)

i'm feeling very hopless today

ladybuggy

Old 05-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User
Re: esi

any one?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

That is anyone's guess. Just because something works one time in one area doesn't mean it will work in another fashion.
Fred

Old 05-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Ladybuggy, Are you talking about an electrical stim implant? My cousin has one, but I don't. I'll try to explain what he explained to me.

They do a one week temporary implant to see if it is going to work, before they put one in permenantly. I would think if your doc feels you are a good candidate, it would certainly be an option. I do know that it is a procedure that they consider a "last resort", because of the process, but if you have tried everything else and had no relief.....I guess only you can decide. It only works on nerve pain, so if you have a great deal of muscular pain or joint pain, this might not be for you.

If you are talking about something other than this, please let me know. Take care, cmpgirl

Old 05-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

thanks for replying ,i'm actually talking about the epidural steroid injection any thoughts?
my dr just told me to stop the pool pt because is causeing me way to much pain..
.it keeps shifting those stupid vertabreas right over to the left right after my land pt fixes them!!
ladybuggy

Old 05-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Sorry, I haven't had the epidural. I would say if your doc feels you might benefit and you trust your doc's judgement, then give it a try. The only way you'll really know for sure, is to try it. I've heard both sides, from different people, so I think it's a case by case basis.

Good luck if you do decide and let us know how it goes. Take care, cmpgirl

Closed Thread