It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
My Rx From Doc Re: Pain Meds And Tiredness, Ect...

Hi evryone~
Just wanted to let you how things went today with my naturopathic doc, who in turn works with my PM doc. For those of you who dont know my history, my PM doc is an integrative doc. I find it works really well for me and my family~

For instance...I went to see my Nat doc today, and she heard alll of my complaints, ect. and then in turn called my CP doc and they had a conference while I was there.

I had at first wanted to try Provigil to get my energy, ect back to normal, and my CP doc said "NO." He said it wouldnt be a good fit for me.
I have a piece of paper with all of the things we are trying, to help get me more energy, a sex life, and better pain control, ect. and I left it at the office....But Ill post tomorrow if I can. Im leaving Wed. AM and wont be home until the 12th late.

The supplements were: A super B complex, and I have shots every couple of days, also adrenal support, magnesium, which is good for tolerance, and a ton more things.
Im so sorry I dont have more info...But I promise Ill post back.

I feel really good that my PM doc as well as my NP doc work together for whats best for me...I certainly do NOT need something to make me jittery or hyper. They all agreed that with the adrenal support, I should feel better soon, as well as the Bcomplex and the magnesium. I had NO idea that magnesium plays such a HUGE part for our endorphins. Also the ADHD thing should get a LOT better with what I am doing instead of having to worry about a med. that could not be used in my career.

Oh, and most importantly??? EPA-DHA Extras Strength fish oil. Order it from a NP, you cannot get it this strong from a health food store. Actually you can order it online. It is made my Matagenics...

Sorry for the jumbled info...Im trying to fly out Wed AM, and am not the least bit ready, so I hope for you that are struggling with this, and Brian, maybe this will help you! For any of you who need more info or have questions, Ill sincerely TRY to peek before I leave and answer anyone.

Bottom line: I learned today that our bodies, and even more importantly, our MINDS really get depleted by pain meds, and we need to try to supplement them as much as possible.
For instance??? I had NOOO IDEA that your Triglycerides can be high as ever because of constipation. In fact, chronic constipation can cause a ton of your tests to be way off.

So many things to write, and so little time! I encourage all of you to educate youself even online if you can...I had no idea narcotics could cause so many different things to happen with our bodies~
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM
p.s so sorry for the long post!!!

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-05-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User
Re: My Rx From Doc Re: Pain Meds And Tiredness, Ect...

Thanks for the information. Have a good trip.
Fred

Old 05-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Thank you and I would appreciate all of the information that you can provide. I had been slacking off on my sublingual b-vitamins and I think they provide you as much benefit as the shots (without the SHOTS). They have b12, b6, and folic acid. I do know that folic acid is beneficial for physical & mental support. I should start taking my magnesium supplement now that you mention it. I will start on that tomorrow if it is still good and not past the expiration date.

brian

P.S Maybe a doctor needs to come out with the ultimate chronic pain supplement formula, sounds like a new market to me & I for one would be willing to step up to the plate (to take them, not develop them)

Last edited by brianpain33; 05-05-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

When you get a chance to respond, I'd be curious to know:

Quote:
I had at first wanted to try Provigil to get my energy, ect back to normal, and my CP doc said "NO." He said it wouldnt be a good fit for me.
Not that I disagree or anything, just curious why?

Quote:
A super B complex, and I have shots every couple of days, also adrenal support, magnesium, which is good for tolerance
How does Magnesium improve tolerance?

Quote:
Oh, and most importantly??? EPA-DHA Extras Strength fish oil.
It's benefits?

Quote:
chronic constipation can cause a ton of your tests to be way off.
Can you elaborate?

Quote:
Bottom line: I learned today that our bodies, and even more importantly, our MINDS really get depleted by pain meds, and we need to try to supplement them as much as possible.
I would strongly agree........

Thanks for posting.

Ex

Last edited by Executor; 05-05-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

I'm glad your appointment went well.
I'm curious about the magnesium, too. What role does it play in regards to energy? I've heard something about tolerance but how much do you need to take? I'm definitely interested in this since it's easy to pick up at the drugstore.
Have a great trip and fill us in when you get home!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Did you know.....a 1.5oz. milk chocolate candy bar has 28mg of magnesium which is 8% of the dva we need. On the other hand, 1/2 cup of cooked spinach has 75mg or 20%.

Hmmmm, Spinach?.....Chocolate. Spinach?.....Chocolate.

Just thought I'd let any fellow chocoholics know.......

Closed Thread