It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

sandy0224 HB Usersandy0224 HB User
Anyone use B&O suppositories for pelvic pain?

I had been using them for about a year then they went off the market due to some foul up somewhere in getting one of the active ingredients. These things were a GODSEND to me with my IC and pelvic pain and I have not heard word of anyone being able to get them as of yet. I tried my pharmacy who was ordering them for me but as of today they 'don't know' if they can get them and are looking into it for me.

Anyone?

Old 05-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Anyone use B&O suppositories for pelvic pain?

Sandy, sorry I don't use them, but I am curious, if you don't mind. My sister-in-law has had chronic pelvic pain for years and I know pretty much every med, etc. she has used. She's never mentioned these, but if they ever do become available, I'd bet she would be very interested.

Could you tell me a little more about them? I hate to ask, when you are trying to find them, but it caught my attention. She has suffered so much with this and pain meds just don't always cut it.

Thanks, and I hope someone can help you locate them. cmpgirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
(female)

sandy0224 HB Usersandy0224 HB User

No problem...they're belladonna and opium suppositories and I tell you they are the greatest things since sliced bread in my opinion! Not only do they help with the pain but they keep me regular! LOL Since I'm on pain meds I'm chronically stopped up but not with these supps!!! I have been trying to find them, along with a bunch of other IC patients since early Fall and I sure do miss them. If she can't find these, she might try valium suppositories as they work as a muscle relaxer and are my second choice when I can't get the B&O's.

Hope this helps....oh, another thing, some compounding pharmacies across the country can make them as long as they can get the missing ingredient which I think is the powdered opium. I got mine at the regular pharmacy through a company who mass produces them.

I'm crossing my fingers she is able to find them and gets some relief. Many docs don't even know what they are, so she may have to educate her own doctor about them. I know I did!

Old 05-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
(female)

catheyp1 HB User

I too have IC and have used the suppositories in the past. They are definitely a GODSEND! The last time I got them my pharmacy couldn't fill the rx because of something with the manufacturer. But, he suggested that I find a smaller, specialty pharmacy where the pharmacist can actually make the suppositories. Well, after a little searching I found one right here in my city...she called the manufacturer and got the "recipe" for the suppositories and made them for me. Check around, I'll bet you can find a pharmacy like this one! Hope that helps!

Closed Thread