It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Unhappy Still feeling really bad from the diskogram! Scared..

Hi everyone,

I am feeling really bad this morning. It is so painful to swallow. It feels like there is a couple little lumps or something on my neck. If I put my hands/fingers on my throat and feel around there is some soft type lumps. I cant really push that hard to feel them because my neck is hurting and it is sore from all the needles being there.
I am alos having terrible headaches. I think I need to call the imaging center and see if this is normal after this test and if it will decrease over time.

I do not have a fever.

I am somewhat scared! I hope this is all normal and will subside. I don't know what to do. All this on top of my regular pains.
Any suggestions please...
Chrissy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User
Re: Still feeling really bad from the diskogram! Scared..

Oh Chrissy:

I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad after the discogram. If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to call the doc and/or the imaging center just to see what they have to say. Sometimes peace of mind goes a long way.

You continue to be in my prayers. When is your final exam?? I'm praying that you are feeling better by then.

My finals are done, (Thank you Jesus), and my grades caculated. All I have to do now, is input them into our Automated comuter system. YAY!! I'm driving up to do a final eval on a practicum student which is about an hour and a half away. Good news is, my daughter goes to College in that town, so I can "rest up" at her apt. before heading back home.

Take care and feel better soon.

Hugs.

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Chrissy,
I am very sorry you are in so much pain.
I had my discogram twice and both times I had severe pain for at least couple weeks. I am talking pain; I couldn't sleep, I was not able to lay on my back at all. I was increasing PK since couldn't stand the pain.
Yes, it is very painful and it lasts for a while.

My dr told me that more damage you have in your back - more pain will be after discogram since they irritate those levels to confirm what exactly is your problem. And worse condition they are - more pain you experience.
My girlfried had discogram done and had no pain at all! After procedure her DR sent her to gynecologist saying that pain she experience come from different areas but not her back. He back was perfect and that is why she had no pain.

Have a better day tomorrow!!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Chrissy, Just wanted to say hello and let you know you are still (and always) in my prayers. I hope the additional pain subsides soon. I know headaches are a common thing to have after, but I wouldn't blame you if you just wanted to call and verify that the symptoms are normal. As Becky said, it is always good to have peace of mind.

You are far more brave than I am. I almost had to take a BT, just reading your description in your other thread! You are a real trooper.

I hope your mom is feeling better. It is always scary to see your parent in pain. I truly understand how that is.

Take good care of yourself. These things take time to recover from and you deserve to pamper yourself as much as possible. Keep us posted and remember, we are here for you, hon. God Bless, cmpgirl

Old 05-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
(male)

marbelmo HB User

Chrissy, Don't worry. What you are feeling is very normal. I had a cervical discogram at 3 levels about a year ago and had frontal neck pain as well as increased normal pain for 2 weeks. They should have given you something extra for pain to take home. For me it was unfortunately demeral which did nothing.
Now, the headache thing is a little worrysome as you may have some leakage and might require a blood patch. If it persists you should definitely call and schedule one. I've never had one done but I've heard it's a simple procedure that provides instatnt headache relief.
Keep us posted.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Chrissy, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I would definitely follow up on the headache. The previous poster is correct you could have a leak.

((((Hugs))))

Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all the support/ I really do need you all! Thanks again.

Well I have had this sore throat thing for so long I went to see my GP today about that and the Imaging center is in the same building.

About an hour before the GP appoinment I felt a spasm coming on and by the time I was sitting and having my BP taken I had a full blown spasm with my head cocked to one side....OUCH!!!

While I was in the waiting room I called the PM to tell them I was having increased pain and headaches and spasms. They said t make an appointment to come in so I set one for Monday because that is the soonest they had. I really dislike the woman who schedules...she can be so uncompassionate with the way she says things. So no choice but to wait.

My GP and I discussed my sore throat and sniffles first and figured it must be allergies, so another $160 bucks worth of meds. Then we discussed the spasm and the fact that when I swallow it feels like a lump in my throat, and the headaches. He suggested that I go upstairs and ask if these are normal things to have afterwards.
I went to the imaging center and a Doc came in and talked to me and examined my neck and felt around and said he thinks everything feels and looks good that it should get better over time.
I finally made it home and have been here for a few hours now and the spasm has subsided.
Tomorrow morning I will call the Neuro and let him know what has been going on. I will see him at the end if this month to go over the diskogram and what he thinks we should do next.

I am going to make a new post about the results from the diskogram because I have some questions.

I was feeling very tearful again today. At this point I just can not wait to be done with school. One week from tomorrow and its all over. Right now I am just really mentally physically and emotionally whiped out.

You guys are so awesome! I do not know where I would turn when I need to vent about all the neck and pain issues. People just do not understand me it seems like.
I feel the pain rising so I must lay down.

I also want to say one more thing. I know there are many posts that I have not responded to and I want to let everyone know that I do care and I am praying for all of the people here. I even lit a candle at church last Sunday for all the folks here. Please do not take it personal if I am not posting as much...

Chrissy

Closed Thread