It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User
Brian, how are you doing?

Hey Brian,

Have had you on the brain today....how are you feeling? I hope you are doing better. I know it's been a real struggle for you in past weeks and wanted to reiterate that I was thinking about you.

Tex

Old 05-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Re: Brian, how are you doing?

thank you for thinking of me. I have to be honest and say that I am not doing very well. I did not go to beb until around 4am last night and then the next thing I know is the phone waking me up at 3:50pm and I have to be at work at 3pm, not good. I must have shut my alarm off and gone back to bed, or not set it at all. I called off sick because I am just not feeling well. I don't know if it is simply the depression starting to set in or not. I went back to bed and slept until 8pm. So that would be a total of 16hours of sleep I don't know what I am going to do as an excuse and to tell you the truth I really don't care.

I know the pressure on me was building up, and building up, and I am was under more and more stress. I think that I finally broke. I mean something literally happened to me mentally and I snapped, broke whatever you want to call it. If you suffer from complete exhaustion, how long does it take to come back from it? Is it normal to sleep A LOT, like 12 hours friday night, 12 hours saturday night, 10 hours sunday night, 11 hours monday night, and then a whopping 16 hours tuesday night. I know that I normally sleep a good 10-11 hours but this is really off. I have this really, really bad feeling that depression is setting in and that I can't come back from it again. I am just completely worn out and I can't do it again(mean come back from another depression episode). I'm starting to get a little worried about the way that I am feeling and thinking, it's not the real me. I hope you guys might understand. Please support me and pray for me.

brian

Last edited by brianpain33; 05-08-2008 at 12:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Brain, I know your psychologist is out. Did you start the welbutrin? If you did could that be contributing to the problem?

Please call your gp and do something about this. Do NOT sit and let it take control of you.

Signed

Your Mother

Last edited by ms_west; 05-08-2008 at 05:05 AM.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SpinalMalady HB UserSpinalMalady HB User

Brian:

Pepper's right. If necessary use a hotline, or go to the local mental health center. DO NOT put it off. It's just not worth it.

I don't know that I would even play with the idea of self prescribing and/or medication with previous prescriptions. Please don't get angry with me, but your medical diagnoses are complex. Given the fact that you've recently come off of ultram and (i think) some other things (right?) you shouldn't try to figure out this on your own...yet at the same time, I'm afraid for you to wait unil June 13th. Or is it May 13th. Either way...IMHO it's serious, (you even said so), so don't wait.

Sleeping that much is a symptom of depression. I don't think it's simple fatigue. (If fatigue can even be labeled as simple). Your words scare me, and I'm very concerned for you. Calling out of work is alarming as well, along with the fact that you "don't care" that you did. Please, PLEASE make an appointment with a Mental health provider ASAP, and see a psych doc soon. It's just not worth it to put it off.

I hope you're not offended brian. I type this only because I care. And because I'm worried for you and about you.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Big warm hugs,

~!~ Becky ~!~

12/10/04 MicroD & Hemi Lami 100% Success
09/05 Re-injured post Katrina
06-07 In Pain Mgmt. trying to deal
3/9/07 2 Level PLIF due to CES

Old 05-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Brian, I absolutely agree with Tex, Pepper and Becky. You need to get in and see someone ASAP. All this sleeping and not feeling yourself, sure sounds like a deep depressive phase to me. Please, please, please don't wait. I really think you need a bump in your BPD meds or an additional a/d. You've been doing so much for your family and everyone. It's time to take care of Brian.

I'll be lifting you up in prayer and I'm sending big hugs. Let us know what you find out, OK? God Bless, Mom #4 (((((Brian))))))

Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User

Ditto what everyone else said! You've 'taken care' of all of us....now it's time to take care of yourself. We need you and you deserve better.
Please, please, make that phone call!!! Something needs to change asap.
Take care and know that we're pulling for you and keep us posted because you know we'll just sit here and worry.~Mush

Old 05-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Well, I figured that I would at least check in and let you know that I am still alive and how I am doing. I made it to work today BARELY. I know that I need to start an anti-d, in particular trying the Wellbutrin but I still have several concerns.
1. I tend to have side effect with the anti-depressants and I don't know which ones I will have.
2. I don't know if the side effects will cause me to not be able to make it to work.
3. I don't know if I will get drowsy or if I will get the opposite of energy and possibly insomnia so do I take it during the day and risk falling asleep at work and have to go home or do I risk taking it at night, have insomnia and not be able to sleep. Of course I do have Ambien, as a last resort in case I do develop insomnia.
4. I ran a drug interaction checker and it said that the chance of developing seizuers was increased six fold (interacting with the Percocet & fentanyl patch). Now the rate of seizure is like 0.4% or something like that so 6x that would be 2-3% which is extremely low. I know that the seizure risk was increased quite a bit when I took Cymbalta and Ultram. So I should be alright as long as I start out low and it is the extended release version(nice and steady release).
4. the dose is 150mg Wellbutrin XL which is relatively low and I can see how I do on that. I may just start it tomorrow and then call my psych on tuesday when she gets back.

I will keep you guys posted. I know that I need something to be able to cope with all of the changes that are taking place now. I am essentially "breaking up" with my brother's gf and it is already starting to hurt. I know outside issue and I should not even be talking about it. However, it is directly related to my mood, mental state, emotional state, and it effects my pain levels too. So A effects B effects C effects D(the lovely domino effect).

brian

Old 05-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Brian, My best suggestion would be to talk to your doc about exactly what side effects concern you, then together take a look at all of the options that are available and determine what their most commonly reported side effects are (maybe a pharmacist could give you some feedback on that, as well).

Once you have made an educated choice, wait until a weekend (long weekend would be great) and start then. This way you won't have to worry about work for those couple of days, and can determine how it will affect you. I know it takes longer than a couple of days for most of these meds to kick in, but it's better than starting on a work night.

I'm sorry about the g/f issue. I know that kind of emotional stress just adds to the whole mix. I don't know the circumstances, but if it is your decision, then you know what is best for you. And that is what is important right now. You.

I'm glad you are taking the steps to make yourself feel better. It's a shame that we have to go through hurt sometimes to begin the healing process. I am here for you, if you need to vent or for whatever you need. Have you considered the Relationship board, if you need to vent about it?

Hang in there my friend. I am praying for you. cmpgirl

Old 05-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpgirl View Post
determine what their most commonly reported side effects are (maybe a pharmacist could give you some feedback on that, as well).

Once you have made an educated choice, wait until a weekend (long weekend would be great) and start then.
Here are the most common side effects:
Abdominal pain, agitation, anxiety, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, heart palpitations, increased urination, insomnia, muscle soreness, nausea, rash, ringing in the ears, sore throat, sweating

It sounds like good times, huh? Anyway I don't have the luxury of a nice long weekend especially with missing work yesterday. I will have to make it up on saturday so that leaves me with 1 day off. I guess I will start it maybe saturday morning. You are only supposed to take the XL version once per day and in the morning it says. I will keep you posted about it.

brian

Old 05-09-2008, 06:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I hope you feel better soon Brian. I really do care. (((Hugs)))

Old 05-09-2008, 07:49 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User

Brian,

What Diet said....ditto here.

Keep us posted.

((Hugs)) and ((Prayers))

Tex

Old 05-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

((((((((BRAIN)))))))))) How are you buddy?? Any better?? Did you get some help?

Old 05-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

OK, I am still here. I had a very difficult time getting up this morning. Of course I could not get to sleep until around 4am and then my brother's gf is calling around 9am and said that she had noticed that she had a flat tire. I think she realized it when she got to work. she asked if I could come up there and change it for her. I told her I would be there by the time she got off work. So I managed to pry myself out of bed at 11:45am. I did not really start to feel a little alertness until an hour or two after I took my Percocet. It seem like I really need to take it, wait 1-2 hours, and then I feel a little alertness. I have been having an increase in the pain the last couple of days which I think may be due to the weather.(I hope so).

I did not get done everything that I wanted to before work but managed to pick up my patches(MUST since I need to change it tonight and had none) and my cat's prescription cat food. I was not able to pick up my contacts but I can do that monday. I am still kind of depressed but feel a little better today. I forgot to put my new magnesium, calcium pill into my dispenser. It seemed to help some yesterday with the depression but I don't know for sure. I know that Izzy'smom was mentioning that Magnesium was important for mental issues and pain. I have not decided yet about the Wellbutrin and maybe I will try to hold out, not sure yet. that's the latest.

brian

Old 05-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User

What do you think you are doing, changing a tire? That would be enough to send me to the hospital, and my spinal issues are nowhere near as bad as yours.

Darlin', you must say no once in a while! Call someone else, call a tow truck, etc. I know money is probably a factor, but, believe me, after my painting fiasco, you will pay in one way or another.

I hope you are not suffering too much from your efforts. Your heart is huge! Rest for a good while, would you please??

Your kindness keeps earning you jewels for your heavenly crown, but I don't want you wearing that crown for a long time, get my drift? Your earthly body needs to hold out for a while, so take it easy!

Tex

Old 05-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMom85 View Post
What do you think you are doing, changing a tire? That would be enough to send me to the hospital, and my spinal issues are nowhere near as bad as yours.

Tex
No, no Tex I don't have spinal issues. Almost all of my problem is with my feet, that is where all the surgeries and nerve damage have been. I do have occasional back pain and I have injured my lower back before. However, I usually do not have much pain in my back at all. However, I should not really be the one chaning tires but you know it is (especially with the relationship between me and her). Now if my brother was not in prison, you can be for sure he would have been there chaning it. He does not even realize how much everyone is doing for him while he is in there, nor does he probably even care much

brian

Closed Thread