It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User
Sammy01

Sammy01 where are you?
Fred

Old 05-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Sammy01

I was wondering the same the thing. Are you okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Sorry guys, had some problems at work, had someone filling in for me & one of my clients took a turn for the worse so had to go & help get him back on his feet. Pray that they stay there. I am really at the end of my rope physically. I know I should stay my butt off work, the surgeon just ordered me on medical til june, but I can't let anything happen to my clients. Its not a small matter, much to serious to let go. I did screw myself up, my client was falling & I had jto grab him & wrenched that shoulder good. So I know have some additional help & more starting next week. I do know its foolish but what could I do, the man was seriously sick & I just could not turn my back. Although I did explain to them I have to heal & they have to take the best care they can of themselves when I am not there, & as I said they will have help. It is a stressful job. Everytime I try to go on medical one of them end up going downhill. This time I have to listen to the doctors. Going abit backwards, woke up in tears, could not even move that dang shoulder yesturday morning. If I can't take care of myself I can't take care of anyone else.
Pepper put up a post on a gel, are you one of the people who can't take the anti inflammatories? read the thread.
Fred my friend how are you? Hear from your son? Read your response on Walk a mile in my shoes, you need some new friends. To bad we don't live closer, I need some to. Bless you both for caring! I am a lucky women to have such good friends. Sammy

Old 05-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Sammy, honey, why do you do this to yourself? I know you are a very compassionate person and will give the shirt off your back. I would do the same but I am realizing that it is not helping me anymore -- I am injuring myself more in the process and that sounds exactly like what you are doing to yourself. Please be careful and I might add where are all those people at when you are suffering? Are they there for you?

Just a thought or two....

Old 05-11-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Pepper, Your are right & I have told myself this time & time again. I really have to stay put. I want some of my life back & I will never even know if I can get it back until I give myself the time to recover. People tell me I am a born caregiver, what I am is a fool! Hopefully this is it & I will just check up on them. Thank you for caring, Sammy

Old 05-11-2008, 06:44 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Sammy,

You poor thing!

That must have been horrid...the pain it must have caused you!

I am with Pepper....Why hon do you do this to yourself. I know I know we are such careing and giving people that we put them before our own well being.
If you could just give yourself more down time to HEAL properly. I have seen many people on the board and in my personal life that have not listened to their docs when they were told to take it easy and the out come was not that great. They suffered.
I guess I might should include my own self in that group...LOL!!!

Anyway....your always on my mind and I am always praying for you all.
Chrissy

Old 05-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am pretty much done. Got a call from the surgeon who is conviced it is myofascial problem in a big time way, which he said is a challenge for any doctor. I am in a huge amount of pain & I know I will be for some time. I have to continue to see the osteo doc. & he said we will have to take it one step at a time. I have just cried all day. I really feel like I will never be pain free. My pain meds are not doing much at all along with the compound cream, will have to take the muscle relaxer, which I hate makes me feel really awful when I take it. Have been icing like crazy & hope I can make it to the osteo tommorrow. I guess I knew in the back of my mind this could be what it was, but just did not want it to be. The whole area is so messed up that I know it will take along time to get relief & days like today I just can't handle it at all. I will have to learn about what can be done to help out with this pain, you know if injections or what ever can be used in this area. I must admitt I try like heck to stay strong but I don't think I will stop this flood gate of tears today. The surgeon was real nice & I know he tried to give me hope with the osteo & I know I have hope & am lucky but I also know it will be along time & this pain is hard to live with when it feels like someone is stabbing me in the chest & took a bat to my ribs. Not to mention my families plans will once again be put on hold. I just don't think I will ever get used to it.
You are all right, & pepper you have it. No one will care when I have harmed my self working, I am already learning that. I am so mad at myself, I am a fool. The minute I am not at work everything I worked so hard for is down the tubes. All the set backs & pain for nothing pretty much. Noone appreciates it. Believe it or not I am not feeling sorry for myself I am just plain old mad at myself, period. Sammy

Old 05-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Take it easy on yourself Sammy. We all do stupid things to ourselves. The bad thing is I keep right on doing them.
Thanks for asking about my son. Yes I have heard from him. He is now in Iraq. He said he likes it better than Germany. Something about contributing or whatever. I just pray many times a day that the Lord will keep him safe. He's all I've got.
I got an idea Sammy! Why don't you and your family move to this side of the state? It's much nicer on the sunset side. [lol].
Fred

Old 05-13-2008, 05:20 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fred, I am glad you are in touch with your son, at this time who would want to be in Iraq? Nieghbors son was on leave last month, he is young but loves the army. He pretty much said there is alot of work over there, you know for like american contracters & such, & how well they were paying. I wonder why (ha)? At least your son is well.
The weather here is really a downer, we all know that by mid may is should be abit nicer, summer is short enough as it is.
I am like you Fred, keep on making the same mistakes, why is that? We know but refuse to acknowledge our limits. Well I for one am going to try to really focus on trying to get myself feeling better. Sick of pain. This time I am staying on medical, at least no physcial work for the time being. Hang in there Fred, the sun will shine eventually. I will keep your son in my prayers. Sammy

Last edited by sammyo1; 05-13-2008 at 05:20 AM.

Closed Thread