It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2008, 04:03 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Ketomofen/Lidocaine Gel, anyone try it?

Hey all, Have not been here for a few days, but of course thinking about you all. Went to osteopathic she gave me the Keto/Lido script, got it filled & am starting to use it. The pharmacy where I purchased it said it is great stuff. Of course I won't know if it will work for me for a few days.
The Keto. is an anti inflammatory so I ask him for those who can't take them orally can they use them topically & he said there are alot of people who use it for that reason.
I have tried the Lido. patches with no luck, but have hope this will work.
So anyone ever try it?
For those of you who can't take the anti inflammatories I thought I would let you know about it. It was hard to find a place that makes it, but I got lucky there was one not far from me. There are only three locations in my part of the state that do the compounding, that is what this gel is a compound cream/gel. I was telling Marcia on another board the guy was so knowledgable I would love to invite him to dinner just to pick his brain.
We were discussing the spice Tumeric, have really been hearing alot about how it works as an anti inflammatory & he said yes it does, & its great alternative to try. Also discussed some other supplements. As I said I would love to have some of his time. Sammy

Old 05-10-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Re: Ketomofen/Lidocaine Gel, anyone try it?

Hi Sammy,

How are you??? I have been wondering were you have been. Are posting in another place?

I have used the lido patches before for my arm. I am wondering about the lido cream if it will help you at all.

I have not used the other item that you mentioned, but I am interested in that too.
I have only a persciption discount card, and am wondering if they will be expensive.

ANyway please let me know how they work for you.
Chrissy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: Ketomofen/Lidocaine Gel, anyone try it?

Chrissy, For some reason this place did not even take my prescription card, they just pretty much said that they are like a speciality place & don't deal with the insurance co. but will give me a form if my insurance will pay for any of it. I figure it it works it is worth it. Depending on how big the area is determines how long the gel will last. Really if the area is not to large its well worth the money if it works. I will know from a few days up to a week. I have to put it on x3 a day for now. I am really bad at remembering.

I have been trying to wrap up some issues at work so I can get some time off. The surgeon wants me on medical til some time in June. Hopefully it will work out. I will just pop in & check on my clients perhaps once a week.
I have posted with Marcia on the general board, we are keeping tabs on our recoveries & she is holding my hand through all this extra crap, bless her. Some others with shoulder surgery & shoulder issues on that board to. I hope she can try this gel also, she can't take anti inflammatories & I believe some one else here can't also, may be dietpepper. Would be nice if this works for someone. Heck its worth a shot. I am really trying some safe natural routes, not without checking with the pharmacist first, but so far just supplements & spices that are hightly reconized for being benificial for inflammation & such.
Hope you are having some decent days, always thinking of you & Brian. You two are good for each other & I am glad you have one another. Sounds like you two really are a good support system for each other.
I have been so busy & foolish, it is hard when you are pretty much self empoyed,which I am at this time. I had noone to back me up if I could not be there. Had to get some help. My husbund is pretty much letting me know enough is enough, along with the doctors. I just don't have the heart to abandon anyone, but I also can't get so bad that I will do myself right out of work for even longer. I really will have to go into another line of work sooner or later. Hard to do. I can't keep going this way, it is torture & I know I am only going because of all the meds & that worries me.
Look into this gel & see what you think. I am hoping to get some responses. I never has alot of success with the Lidoderm patches but alot of other have, so togther maybe this combination will work, & they can make a stronger gel. I will check & see if you have a post on the results of your latest test. Take care & chin up! Sammy

Closed Thread