It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Workload

Everyone,

I have accepted a temporary assignment at work that's gonna be huge. May also mean travel to a sister site in Virginia. This will demand lots of energy and activity and I need your support and prayers.

Thank You!

steve

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Workload

Steve....Congrats on the project! Although I know it will be a physical challenge, I have all the confidence in the world that you will be successful. Try not to push yourself too far. I know that is easier said, than done. You absolutely have my prayers and support. I hope you can keep in touch while you are away. We would miss your wit and wisdom. Take care and God Bless, CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User

Steve,

Congrats! Make sure you don't overdo it, get lots of sleep and good meals. I will definitely continue to keep you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Tex

Old 05-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Congrats and good luck. Who knows if you see a lady walking with a walker and a Diet Dr. Pepper in her hand, it is probably me!!

And if you see a lady with a scooter named Ella you know its IBAKE.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Congrats! You must have earned it. Where in VA will you be traveling to?

Ex

Old 05-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Ex,

It's called Langley Research Center.

steve

Old 05-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Workload

Steve

Congratulations. My prayers are with you. Take care.

Nadine

Old 05-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Not sure if you've been to that area before, but it's a great place to visit. I think you'll really enjoy your time there....Lots to do and see....Assuming you have some spare time.

Ex

Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Congrats Steve!

Ella and I would love to see you. Pepper is just down the road.. although Langley is a bit of a drive. It's a great area. Makre sure you take care of yourself.

And remember...about the drivers here...they go fast and they are always right even when they are always wrong!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibake&pray View Post
...Ella and I would love to see you. Pepper is just down the road.. although Langley is a bit of a drive. It's a great area...
Are we talking about the same place?

Langley Research Center is in Hampton, VA, in SE Virginia. Aren't you located more towards DC?

But, hey, the drive would be great. I SOOO miss the green of the east coast.

Wouldn't it be great for all of us to hook up? Ex could join us too, as I think she's somewhere in VA.

steve

Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibake&pray View Post
...And remember...about the drivers here...they go fast and they are always right even when they are always wrong! [/COLOR]
Speaking of "right." Can one make right turns on red lights? If not, I'm really gonna have to be careful, as we do that second nature in CA.

steve

Old 05-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Steve,
I am so proud of you! I hope everything will go smooth and painless and you will achieve what you need to.

Take it easy though, pushing is not always good; can hurt yourself and it will prevent you from doing what you put your mind into.

Take care and best of luck!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Thank You!

Thank you all so much for your words of congratulations. As much as that warms my heart, I'm much more interested in your prayers for pain relief. This will take lots out of me. It will mean weekends and nights for quite a bit of time with little rest. And they're will be lots of walking and such. This is very hard on my body and my pain levels will be high.

I do appreciate their trust in me to give me this assignment, but it's not one to be highly coveted. Lots and lots of red tape. But the outcome will be very good for the research. However, when the organization needs you and you know you can help, it's the right thing to do. My employer has done very well by me all these years and I certainly don't mind doing them this favor. There may even be a bonus in it.

And maybe I'll be able to take my wife to see Williamsburg and the surrounding area. And I have family in the Philly area if I get adventurous.

Thank you all so much for all the support you give me. I feel so overwhelmed sometimes with all the care I get from everyone here.

steve

Last edited by forginon; 05-12-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Steve, it is so nice to see you so pleased & excited. Not that any of us could day we are surprised, anyone commnicating with you can see you are a very dedicated person. Congrats! Be careful I have really harmed myself with over working, biting off more then I could chew so to speak. Feeling pretty down so this gave me something to smile about today. So very happy for you. You are such a wonderful person & I am sure you are excited.

My husband & I were talking about taking a short trip to Virginia, love it there. I have set that as something to look forward to, I am strivng to get better with that in mind. I will look for you pepper, want to see some history, any recommendations on the best area for that? Sorry Steve hope you don't mind me asking. Sammy

Old 05-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Arthr Itis HB User

Good for you Steve! Just like everyone else is saying, take care of yourself.
Fred

Closed Thread