It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Hey Izzy......

Glad you're back....Hope your trip went well.

Before you left, you briefly mentioned all the great information you gleaned @ your last appointment....In particular, you said the Doc said something about Magnesium and how it effects your pain / tolerance. Can you expand on that component, if you don't mind? Thxs.

Ex

Old 05-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Hey Izzy......

Hey Izz, I'm wondering too. I've been doing a little research since your post, but I'm really curious to know what your NP said. Hope the weekend was a good one. Hugs, CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Doy!
I just saw this thread. I cant recall EXACTLY what my natural doc said, but Ill look tomorrow. I can tell you the products she has me on. she has a HUGE book that tells exactly what areas of your body get depleted, ect from narcotics, and she went through the whole thing with me.
Sorry, Im trying to get my bearings back, and Im really wiped out from this weekend, and taking off again in a couple days.
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Just thought I'd refresh your memory......

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
Im sorry, but Im trying to get our of town, so here is what I found out about pain meds and all of the problems Ive been having.

My "bad cholesterol" is at 500, and last year was 170. VERY VERY bad. My BP is also up, and one of the reasons my labs came back so high this year is because of constipation issues. I have been so constipated this whole last year, that it was a huge factor iin my labs.
My doc also gave me these supplements for adrenal function, low sex drive, sluggishness, ect. I hope its ok to list them. Im just trying to show you that there are things out there that will help, and you can get them from anywhere.
1. EPA-DHEA Extra Strength CERTIFIED {certified is VERY important} a lot of fish oils are being sold that are horrid. Metagenics makes it.
2. Thorne, CAL-MAG Citrate. I had NO idea that magnesium being lacking could upset your adrenals and your whole body for that matter.
3. a supplement to get my cholesterol back on track, its in the car...i dont have the name.
4. Super B complex supplement as well, as some digestion enzymes

My doc, I trust completely. She is a Nat. physician, and my PM doc and she were partners for a LONG time and they still converse whenever needed about my care.
He has moved away, but they work together on me, and its great.
I really believe in trying the "whole body" apprach before I start the antidepressant route, and taking a stiumulant of any kind. Id never be able to putt, either..haha.
Im sure it may take a bit longer than meds to kick in, but its worth it to me, to get keep my body as natural as it can be.
Let me know if you have any other questions. In my appt, I covered everything we have been discussing, and she had some tremendous answers.
I didnt know that narcotics could take such a toll on our bodies and minds.
xoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Ex

Closed Thread