It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Cool HELLO MY FRIENDS!!! Remember me?? :)

Hi Everyone!

I have missed you guys so much! So much has happened since I posted last, and it would take 5 pages to tell it all! LOL Here's the short of it:

1. We finally moved into our first house in January! It's awesome, with the exception of no internet due to no DSL yet in the area.

2. I tapered off of Oxycontin and Cymbalta getting ready to try and have a baby. God had other plans.

3. The large hernia I had tore and I started getting sick all the time. Turns out....intermittent bowel obstructions. After seeing the OB and a surgeon, they decided I could not carry a baby without this being repaired first. That was a hard day. On 03/28/08, I had surgery to repair it. I had a 9 inch vertical incision, a drain, and a long hospital stay.

4. I did so well in my recovery, I KNEW that this surgeon FINALLY fixed the problem!! This is the 3rd surgery for the same problem! I had a great recovery for the first four weeks.

5. Then, I developed a fever, and an abdominal abcess. I just got out of the hospital last week after another 8 day stay! They fixed the abcess, but gave me a blood clot! Now I am taking Coumadin, and they say I cannot try to concieve until I am done with the blood thinner treatment...........................in November...........sigh......no baby again....

6. I am supposed to start work again at the end of the month.

I am soooooooooooooooo HAPPY I can post! We still do not have DSL, but my sweetie finally just put dial-up on our pc so that I can post! HI!!!!

How is everyone? What have I missed? I missed you guys so much! So Hi! I'm back!

Your Friend,

Amanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Re: HELLO MY FRIENDS!!! Remember me?? :)

Welcome Back!!!!

Yes it sure does sound like alot has happened!

Congrats on the new house!!!!

I am glad that your out of the hospital and doing better. God has been watching over you!

Welcome back!!

Chrissy

Last edited by skych; 05-14-2008 at 05:16 AM.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Welcome back. I wondered what happened to you. I thought maybe you got better and left us for good but I see you have been extremely busy.

Looking forward to chatting with you agan.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Amanda!

So good to hear from you.

I was just thinking about you yesterday.

This is such a coincidence that you posted.

What great news about the house. Isn't it so cool?

You'll have that baby. I'm sure of it. Just gotta go through a few hoops, that's all. Big hoops, I'll admit it.

I've had my share of bowel obstructions and I know how it feels. I feel so sorry for you, but so glad you may be at the end of those finally.

Please KEEP POSTING. I can't bear for you to go away. You are so valued here.

WOW - so great to hear from you.

steve

Old 05-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Hi Amanda, I don't think I was here when you used to be, and while I hope it is not that your pain issues have worsened much, I am glad you came back.

It sounds like you were a valued member of the PM family. May I ask you for a brief summary of your pain issues, etc. I know you must be busy with all that is going on, but if you get a chance, I'd love to hear your story.

Anyway, welcome back and congrats on the new house! CMP/MM

Old 05-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Amanda,
I am so sorry to read what happened to you. Goshhhh, I feel so bad!

Hopefully you will start to feel better from now on. Be very careful on Coumadin though, don't miss your blood work and watch for symptoms (like bruising easily, etc.). I am on it too so can share some experience with you.

Take good care of yourself and hopefuly soon you will be able to have your baby, dear heart...

Old 05-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Wow Amanda you have been busy. congrats on the new house & I sorry about your rough road with the surgery & recovery. You will know when the time is right to try for that baby & no rush because once you have it, it will be worth the wait. I will keep you in my prayers for all to go well. Sammy

Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

Thanks so much for the warm welcome back! I have missed you guys so much! Not having internet is like losing an apendage these days. LOL I am going to go through old posts and see if I can catch up. Thanks again, it's nice to be remembered, or welcomed even if not remembered!

Love you guys!

Your Friend,

Amanda

Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

(((((((((Amanda))))))))))))))

SO good to see you back! I am sorry for all that you have been through, But I am happy for you about the house, and happy that you can be online again, its hasnt been the same without you!

Hugs, Fabby

Closed Thread