It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
Please Help!

Hi evryone~
I have a HUGE problem. Im due to leave town at 5 pm tonite. I called my doc on Friday, and they said he wasnt there, so I called on MOnday, then yesterday, AND last night I called him on his cell. He said he'd call me back, and if not hed call me today.
WEll i called his office at noon, and the service said theyd give him the message to call me by 3pm. I need some meds filled before I leave and thats why i called last week.
Would you call the office again? Im really going to be in a huge bind. I dont want to make him mad. I cant afford to...you all know what that could mean. Its now 3:20 my time. what time do services start answering for the end of the day? Ive never had this happen.
Also mt last b/t med was last night. I have NO patches, nothing. last night he was in the car driving so I said call me when you get home no worries. I didnt hear from him so I waited today. Also when i called them Fridaythe ;lasy said"hes not here." he told me he was on call. why the h*ll didnt they tell me that???
I need your advice!
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-14-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User
Re: Please Help!

Not good. You don't have a choice but to call back. That is terrible that you are waiting for a call from last week. I am praying that this does not turn into a mess for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

You and me both, Pepper. Thanx for the response. I could choke those dumb old bags who work there. Do I call his cell or the friggin office again?
Im a mess...and really angry.
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

I assume this is for your job?

I think you should call him at whatever the most direct route is. If that means his cell phone, so be it. If he needed you he'd do the same thing, right?

Also, you might want to start making alternate travel plans right now. You just cannot go without the meds, so there's no harm in working alternatives, right?

Best of Luck. And please let us know what happens.

steve

Old 05-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Yes it is, and there is charter, air fuel, ect for all of this time Im wasting. Even if he called it in now, Id have to wait for the pharmacy. I guess Id better getmaking more calls. Im just sick...
Thanks, Steve.
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Plus, he can't call in patches right? So somehow you need to pick up the scripts from him and them get them filled. I really think alternative travel plans are called for. I'm really, really sorry. I know this is such an inconvenience, and so costly too. Plus, when put in this kind of spot, pain levels skyrocket.

I know you have the ability to focus and be cool under pressure - you must with your job. Try to call on that energy now and "plan your next shot."

steve

Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
(female)

shannonjord08 HB User

Izzy,
I'm kinda going through the same thing. Although, I do have scripts for the patch, I can't get them filled. Even though my doctor knows that the 25mcg patches aren't lasting me the 3 days, he put DNF until 5-21-08. That puts me in the position of not having any at all. No BT meds either because I was scared to be on all sorts of narcotics. So, it was just the patch. I can't just suddenly stop the patch, right?? I'm going to call him back in the morning. I just hope he is still going to be the understanding and patient doctor that I have been super lucky to have(he's my primary). I hope all works out for you!

Old 05-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

My plan was to have him call in enough VP for me for 10 days or until my meds get to me on location. He mailed my compound meds yesterday, he told me that last night...BUT I need to tell him that I havent had any patches since Mar. 14th, so I used my coumpound meds faster this month. either way, I need something to get me to my destination, if ANYthing. And I cannot pull out...I have made a feew calls...If I dont hear from him by 5 pm, Im calling him on his cell. Im sure hes with pts, and doesnt know that I need the meds.
when those stupid front destk ppl ask what is it regarding, they give you about 5 words to say, and ALWAYS mess it up...
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-14-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #9
(female)

shannonjord08 HB User

I really feel for you Izzy!!! I've already noticed the way I feel not having the patch. I don't know what to do. I just pray that he will be understanding and let me fill it. Isn't it wrong for a doctor to let you go off the patch suddenly?

Old 05-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Izzy'sMom,

If you know where he is, and it's not too far away, why not just go there and park it until he comes out?

steve

Old 05-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Thx for all of the replies....Steve, hes 10 hours round trip...no chance.
Im going to call his cell in about an hour. Otherwise i run the risk of the FD not to give him my message. i may even call him before.
xoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

oh izzy this sucks SO BAD. I will pray you get your meds sweetie. I know you will cuz of the type of gal you are and the great Dr you have. IT WILL ALL WORK OUT. I know it will. you go girl get on that cell every 5 minutes.

Hugs, Slippery slope

Old 05-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Called my doc's cell and left a message...he called me in about 2 minutes. said he hadnt gotten ANY of the messages today or yesterday from his service OR the FD. He was mortified, and called in my meds immediately. I apologized over and over, but he said it was NOT my fault.
Sent someone to get my meds, and now Im off. Ill post later when I get situated in a bit, since I have a flight to endure. Thank you again, but Ill post in a bit... Thank you ALL!!!!!
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-14-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Thank goodness you were able to get your meds refilled and lets pray that he takes care of those receptionists/nurses. This is ridiculous.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Izz, Sorry you had such a close one. I know what you mean about the message thing. Remember my little nightmare when my BP was so high? I'm sorry I wasn't on line eariler, but I'm glad you got it all straightened out.

If your going out of town is work related, good luck! If it's vacation, have a great time. Hugs, CMP/MM

Closed Thread