It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
(female)

Luvmypugs HB User
Question New PCP tomorrow, any more advice?

Hi guys, hope everyone is "somewhat" painfree . Okay, I go to see the new PCP tomorrow and for those of you who are familiar with my history do you have any more advice? I guess I'm just nervous and afraid it will be another $50 copay wasted on an inconsiderate, uncompassionate doctor but lets hope not. I have so many trips coming up and would like to be able to enjoy them to some degree.

Take care

Old 05-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: New PCP tomorrow, any more advice?

Good luck and hope all goes well. Pls report back.

Ex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

LMP, I don't know if you saw my last post to your last thread (So frustrated....) but in it I kind of gave you an idea of how to approach the visit. if you already saw it, then just disregard this post. Anyway, good luck and I hope it goes well. Let us know.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Well........How did it go?

Ex

Old 05-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
(female)

Luvmypugs HB User

Hi everyone, hope you all are having a great day. I finally got a chance to post about my doctor visit with my new PCP Thursday. First of all, I LOVE HIM . He is about my age, very kind and actually sat down and talked and looked over my history with me as if he had all day to spend with me. I really felt like I mattered which I have to say hasn't happened in a long time with a doctor. He could not believe what he read from the Ortho docs office nor the "crappy" meds that doc was giving me for my knee. He said he had no problem giving me Hydro w/refills because he could see where I have tried so many anti-inflams, PT and wanted to know why the Ortho doc gave me "Esgic Plus"? I laughed because he said "did he think you had a headache?"...he was joking of course but Esgic is a headache med. He also took over my BP meds, which needed to be increased. We also discussed my achy joints, skin rash etc. and he did a ton of bloodwork to see if I might have something else going on. I just overall really liked him and now believe what those of you have been telling me for weeks......."caring docs are out there " and for those of you still trying to find one DON'T GIVE UP.

Take care

Old 05-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

LMP, I'm really glad it went well. Sounds like you've found a good one. Please keep us posted as to the tests he's doing, OK?

Take care and God Bless, CMP/MM

Old 05-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

That is wonderful that you have found a good PCP doctor. They are hard to find but when you run across one you know instantly. Congrats and I hope things start looking up for you. You deserve it.

Closed Thread