It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Brian returned - I am still alivehas

OK,
I did not realize that so many people here truly cared about me. There has been alot of things going on recently. For one, I had to post this after work because they are seriously cracking down on internet use while as work and they are monitoring things very closely. I know there has been one person that has been called to HR because of some site they were visiting, which I am sure was not Healthboards. I just don't want to get called down and they have a list of everything that I have been posting, that would not be good. So I will probably be posting alot less but I will try to get online as much as possible.

Second, they have instituted mandatory overtime at work which I don't know if I will be physically capable of handling it. The management has us scheduled for 2 hours over every day during the week and then 8 hours alternating Saturday so possibly 58 hours in one week instead of the 40hours that I work now. That is 18 hours overtime

I just can't believe they are doing that when they really just need to bring on some temps to do our backlog or hire some more people. OK I digress a little bit. I was really busy over the weekend. I worked all day saturday and then went out saturday night. I had a pretty good Mother's day. I cooked some for my mom, the best homemade macaconi and cheese around. I brought up a blueberry pie too,mmmm yummy.

Ok, now for my doctor's appt today. I told him that I was having alot more problems with my depression and it was mainly due to alot of changes happening. Of course he wanted to know what changes and I told him about the relationship ending. I asked him about starting the Wellbutrin XL and he said that should be alright with my other meds. I started it today because I just can not go on & keep feeling this way, it really sucks. My doc did ask about any suicidal thoughts and I said no. He said because you have more than enough with the meds I give you to kill yourself. I said "yes I am more than aware of that". However, he wrote me for 3 months of patches and 3 months of rx's of Percocet(180/month). Yes that would be an increase of up to 6/day, since I told him the increase in the patch was too much. I told him though that the 4/day on the Percocet was sometimes not enough. So he is allowing me up to 6/day on those. I will try to not go past 5 unless on a really bad day. I just need to get the pain back under control because it has been a little out of control the last 10 days. I know that my depression could play a big part in that too. I am experiencing a little insomnia with the Wellbutrin XL which is a normal side effect but lucky for me I have Ambien to save the day,

I did call and talk to my psychiatrist, who got back today, and asked if it would be alright to start the Wellbutrin XL and she said go ahead. I set an appt. with her in 12 days from now. Please everyone pray that this will help me and that I will not have too many side effects, or severe enough ones that would force me to stop it. I have really been having a difficult time dealing with stress and then to hear about the mandatory overtime, I wanted to just cry. I have worries about the economy, my job, whether I will keep my health insurance, etc, You know all of those "what if's" that run through your head. I do know one thing that is a constant is you guys on this board. I have made alot of friends on here.

I do want to say one other thing about getting those post dated scripts. He wrote it wrong for my patch(he wrote every 72 hours) and you know it's supposed to be every 48 hours. So I gave them back to the receptionist and she had him change them. She said "Oh my, I can't believe that he is allowing you to do this. He let's VERY, VERY, few patients have post dated scripts for 3 months (for schedule IIs). I take alot of pride in that since he definitely has put alot of trust in me and have to make sure that I NEVER screw that up.

brian

Last edited by brianpain33; 05-14-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Brian returned - I am still alivehas

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpain33 View Post
For one, I had to post this after work because they are seriously cracking down on internet use while as work and they are monitoring things very closely. I know there has been one person that has been called to HR because of some site they were visiting, which I am sure was not Healthboards. I just don't want to get called down and they have a list of everything that I have been posting, that would not be good. So I will probably be posting alot less but I will try to get online as much as possible.
Yes, I would be VERY careful...Especially if they see you've posted about narcotics and etc....Could have a significant impact on your employment. Your health record is YOUR business only, but if an employer finds out about someone taking narcotics on the job (even if administrative work), there can be MAJOR problems. Every employer is different and some are very strict.

Glad you're ok...I suspected there was a reasonable explanation.

Ex

Last edited by Executor; 05-15-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User
Cool Re: Brian has returned - I am still alive

Hi Brian!

Thanks for posting, glad to know you are hanging in there, you certainly have a lot of love and support on these boards.

Please dont ever get to where you feel posting to us is a chore or an obligation, while it is nice to be kept updated, most of all when current posts show someone to be in crisis mode, we are not here to police you, only to support you however and whenever you ask.

Sometimes it can be computer trouble, or just someone who doesnt feel like posting for a few days. thats more than okay, a shout out when you feel better is always apprieciated but never required.

Glad to have you back though, these boards arent the same without you!

Hugs, Fabby

Old 05-15-2008, 03:11 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Round1 HB User
Re: Brian has returned - I am still alive

Hi there Brian, glad to see you are back.

I would be very very carefull about posting at work. I was put in a position where I had to monitor a persons email in my department and the sites they visited........ not pleasant and everything, everything, is seen.... there is no hiding and no deleting it still can be retrieved...... just be carefull.............

Good luck with the meds, and take it easy with the overtime.........
your health is your wealth !!
round1

Old 05-15-2008, 03:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

What can I say except that I am glad that you are back and that you are hanging in there.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:18 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

BRIAN>>>>

You had me worried! Yes I admit it!

I am so happy to hear that your doing alright and just hanging in. Thanks for posting and letting us know.

I am with everone ellse about the "surfing" while at work. Your personal stuff is your personal stuff!
Eighteen hours avertime is tough. I hope that you will get through it and they will be back to normal operating mode soon.

Brian I hope the welbutrin does help you. Maybe any side effects that you have will go away after a week or so. I take Cymbalta and I only had some light side effects for about 10-18 days.

Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know what has been going on.

Fabby is right about us not being the "Posting police"

My intention of the thread was not to make you feel pressured and if it did I a mreally sorry. No excuse, but I just care! I truly am sorry if you felt pressure or anything else.

Anyway I am still praying for you and many others on the board.

Glad your Back!!

In Spirit...CHrissy

Old 05-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

tmv30 HB User

I definitly will be praying for you and yea you do have trust with your doctor i know alot of us cant find. If you have to leave again drop in to let us know and dont stay away!! LOL
Goood Luck

Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User

Sweetheart,

So glad to hear you're hanging in there. Work sounds like it's going to be a drag. I don't know what kind of work you do, but 58 hours at any job is tough, even for the able-bodied. I had to do that at one of my jobs, and it was at a time when my health was really starting to fail....The OT didn't help the company, though. I had a hysterectomy the same week they laid me off! There's gratitude for you! (Actually, they did me a favor!) I hope this new schedule is something you can cope with.

Anyway, I will continue to keep you in my daily prayers regarding all things you mentioned. I know you're happy to realize how many people on this board care about you--it's an amazing group of folks--and I'm happy to hear you didn't interpret our concern as "policing" you....we all care; it's as simple as that. It's free, and we're open, 24 hours a day. Where else can you find a deal like that?

Hang tough, darlin', and don't worry about how often you post. Just drop us a line when you can. Better to be safe at work by not posting while there.

Sending virtual hugs your way....

Tex

Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User

Forget these posts about not policing you.

You are to check in every day by at least 6 PM EDT. No exceptions. Got that? No more slacking off.

Just kidding buddy. Take things as you can and just let us know you're OK. OK?

So glad to hear you're up and about. I have to watch my posting at work too. All of our keystrokes are recorded, and we know this. But that overtime? I'm not entirely sure that's legal, unless written into your job description. Not that you would protest anyway, but I don't think an employer can mandate such a thing. Sure, they can make one's life miserable, but mandating it is too much (IMHO).

Good to hear from you Brian.

steve

Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Brian, Everyone else has already said what I would have, so I'm just going to say I'm glad you're back. I missed you. I know you have a lot to think about right now, with the OT and the new meds, so pop in and say hello when you can, OK? Prayers and Hugs, CMP/MM

Old 05-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hey Brian!
Im only able to say, I knew you were ok...making you feel crazy wasnt going to help it, and Im glad you are ok!!!!!
Cant wait to post when I get more time this weekend or when I get back. Im playing this weekend, so Ill be in touch~
Hugs!!!!
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 05-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User

I hope no one took my earlier post as critical of any other posts or threads, I did say and meant that the love shown on this board is amazing and not something I would ever want to see change, I was only commenting on my own situation, I have had computer trouble in the past, and have not been able to get online for weeks at a time.

I just wanted to point out that we understand there are reasons why someone may not post right away, not trying to say anyone who asks how people are doing were doing anything wrong.

I treasure the support and information I get on these boards. I would feel terrible if someone ever stopped posting because they didnt want to say why they wernt online all the time, some people have puter trouble or lose their isp, some of us (me included) have financial issues that can affect those things also.

If in my haste to make sure we are all inclusive, I insulted anyone, I am really sorry, I admire each of you and value your friendship.

Hugs, Fabby

Old 05-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #13
(female)

Ms one HB User

Hey Brian,
I'm new here and don't know you very well yet but I've been reading everyone's posts all week and was beginning to get worried along with everyone else.
I'm really glad you're okay and I have to say that you must be a very strong person to be able to handle everything that has been going on in your life lately. I'm proud of you! Good luck with the new meds. I really hope everything works out well for you.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:27 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Brian, Well thank goodness you are ok. Was really getiing worried. Yes be careful at work, we all know how important it is in todays economy to hang on to any job you have. It does say alot that your doctor trusts you & sounds like with all that overtime you will need to make sure you have adequete pm, so very glad you are well! Sammy

Old 05-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Brian,

I am glad to read a post from you and to know you are OK; you scared a lot of us here...

I absolutely agree with Ex; make sure you are careful about information you write on your work computer.
I worked on WStreet for a big bank. We had so many rules and regulations regarding e-mails and people still did mistakes and lost their jobs.

Best of luck; nice to hear from you and keep up with a good job!

Closed Thread