It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Prolothrapy for cerviogenic or occipital headaches and facial spasms

and pain. Seriously considering it as I've read cortisone degrades tendons and cartilage, whereas prolotherapy build it up. Lots of DDD and bone spurs on C spine - hx of MS since 1992- thank you.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Prolothrapy for cerviogenic or occipital headaches and facial spasms

I've heard of both, but haven't tried either. I know the prolotherapy is generally for ligaments and tendons, but I don't know how soon after injury it has to be done to be effective. If it could be done for long term damage, I might be interested myself.

Let us know if you go for it. I'd be interested to know. Take care, CMP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User

I think it is somewhat discredited, but dont know for sure.

If you are at the "end of the line" it might be worth a try.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User

Hi there!

I was recently offered Prolo therapy and Botox injections for my cervical bulging discs. At the time the PM offered these things we did not know that I had tearing and fissures in my discs.
Anyway, my PM told me they were both kind of spendy procedures. The Botox being very spendy.
I have a friend who has had 14 spinal surgeries. Yes it is true. He lives with constant everyday pain just as we do. He was in may car accidents and also aquired a spinal infection somewhere down the line.
He has recieved Prolotherapy in his lower back and swears by them. He had some tendon and ligametous problesm in his lower back. (constantly tearing). He had to stop getting them done because the company he worked for went out of business and Medicaid will not pay for them.

I opted to not try either of the two therapies. Botox is not really even medically approved for the use my PM would be doing. He even was the one to tell me this.
They just did not sound like real concrete things. To much grey area.

I hope that you will find releif soon
Chrissy

Closed Thread