It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Tence Unit...

Hi everybody!
I read many times on this board about people using Tence Units.
I got one today through my PT. It can be on for 24 hours in one place, after 24 hours it can be moved to a different areas.

I forgot to ask: does it mean I can sleep with it? Is it safe to do?

Thank you in advance and all the best to all of you...
Moldova

Old 05-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Tence Unit...

Hi Moldova, I had one several years ago and I was told to never wear it to bed, due to the leads or wires getting jumbled up, in your sleep. I'm not sure if they have made them differently now, but I imagine they are pretty much the same.

I hope you can get relief from it. It didn't work very well for me, but I know many people get great relief from it. I guess it depends on the person, like so many other modalities.

Best of luck with it. Have you been getting out for your walks? Have you done your flowers yet? I have yet to do mine, but weather permitting, hopefully this weekend....... Hugs, CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Cmpgirl, thank you so much for your respond!

Look at this weather - just so bad here too! But we did our flowers and not everything is blooming - so pretty to look at!
I go for PT 3 times a week and I love it because it's like a SPA for me. They can't really do much for me so I get one hour back/legs/neck massage, I get Tence unit and moist heat pads from neck to toes... It feels so Heavenly good!
I can't walk much because of my legs and now my upper back and arms/hands pain. I am talking about severe pain and I don't know so far what is next for me, but my PT Dr says that this is definitely due compression of the nerves and herniations. Great... what is that suppose to mean?
I am scared to think about it so far.

Hugs and blessings...

Old 05-16-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

I was told not to sleep in them. Moldova just wait until one of the leads slip and you touch the lead without turning off the unit. The zap is so weird.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
(female)

arkia HB User

I'm not sure if I have the same thing, it sounds like it by the description, but mine is a TENS unit (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation). At any rate, if they are the same, I can't tolerate it for more than an hour. It feels great at first, then gets annoying and by the end of an hour starts to make it worse for me.

I've been guilty of grabbing the pad in a knee-jerk reaction when it slipped....you'd think by that zap I'd learn not to do it again...but sure enough......&*@#$ it happens every time.

I bet it equates to the shock-collar they use to train the dogs to stay in boundaries without the invisible fence!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

My PT Dr tells me to see how I love it and if not they can re-order until i find the right one.
I don't know what to look for. I don't know what is the difference between them? How do I know which one is better than other?
I have brand called EMPI - have no idea if this one is good or not?

Thank you for the responds and have a great weekend!
Moldova

Closed Thread