It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User
Hello, hello everyone, here is an update!!

Ok, I know everyone has been concerned about me. I have been struggling too as you are all aware.

My pain has been worse the last 2 weeks and I really started getting depressed and trying to figure out what I should do. I know that I am trying to play doctor again I did finally break down and decided to go on an anti-d, specifically Wellbutrin XL since I already had some at home. I did clear it through my PCP and my psychiatrist. I am starting low especially since I saw the med interaction with my fentanyl patch & Percocet. It supposedly increases the chance of seizures 10x from what is normal for just the Wellbutrin. Of course the chance of seizure is like 0.4% so 10x that is not much but I will keep an eye out for any signs. I have been having some insomnia since starting it but I have been taking the Ambien the last couple of nights which I don't like taking really.

I went to the podiatrist yesterday and hear are the results, drum roll please.

1. My left ankle is alot better probably at least 60% better
2. My left foot is some what better probably 30% better
3. My right foot is back to where it was. He gave me a cortisone shot 6 weeks ago. He said that is about the time limit for them, so we are back to square one on that foot. He gave me another cortisone shot yesterday in a different spot.
4. He said that I have instability in my left ankle for some reason and that it would probably take surgery to correct it, ummm he** no. I do want an MRI at least to see what might be going on there.
5. He taped my right foot to see what that might do, probably nothing I expect.
6. My PCP doc upped my BT med(Percocet 5/325) to up to 6x/day which he said is going to be the limit for me, so I will try hard not to take that many unless I have a bad pain spike.

My foot hurt so bad yesterday after getting that cortisone shot injected around my metatarsal head(3rd toe). I thought about leaving work becuase it started aching and hurting so bad. I even took 800mg of ibuprofen yesterday, at work which I usually don't take. I could not even go to sleep last night because of the pain. So I elevated it and took another Percocet and I finally fell asleep. I prayed to God that he would help to alleviate my pain and to allow me to fall asleep peacefully and next thing I know I had fallen asleep. The pain is better today and hopefully the effects of the cortisone shot will last longer. I broke down and bought 1 pair of shoes from the podiatrist. I could only put down 1/2 which was $75. I told him that I could either pay 1/2 on the shoes or pay my copay but not both. I got up to the front and the receptionist said that he waved my copay, not sure how he did this but I experienced gratitude there. So that is where I am at. I got a different generic brand of Percocet, switched from Roxanne's Roxicet to Endo or Endone's(not sure) Endocet. I was in la la land after taking one of those on an empty stomach, not good for me. I made sure that I ate but they effected me differently that the other brand.

brian

p.s. I do have a story about when I went to the pharmacy yesterday to get the Percocet filled. I try to be as discreet as possible when filling it. I was in line and then this guy comes in and totally disregards the line and went straight to the counter and said "When can I get my Oxycontin? If I pay cash can I get them today?" umm can you say definitely a using Addict. I felt sorry for him that he probably does not even know what recovery feels like. I thought wow he just announced to the whole pharmacy what he takes and he is lucky that someone else in there was not an addict and would follow him to steal his script or they know to follow him on the 19th to rob him after he fills it. So dumb. I know how addicts think, ya know Trust me I won't be stealing it from him.

Last edited by Mod08; 05-17-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

forginon HB User
Re: Hello, hello everyone, here is an update!!

Brian,

Hey buddy, thanks for the update.

About Endo meds - they make outstanding pain relief meds, brand and generic. They are one of the major players in the pain management game and have always done a good job with the meds. When I changed from Ethex to Endo for my MS Contin generic it felt like a dose increase. I have tried to make it clear to my pharmacist that I could not go back to Ethex, and would prefer they keep Endo generics on hand for me. He's pretty sure that's do-able.

So it doesn't surprise me that your Endo meds hit hard.

So nice of the podiatrist to waive your co-pay.

Take Care,

steve

Last edited by forginon; 05-17-2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: sp

Old 05-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User

Brian, It sure is good to have you back. I mean really back. You sound more like your old self and I, for one, have missed that. I'm really happy about the shoes. I know there's probably no guarantees, but between that and your new meds, you should be on a better path at least.

I've seen something similar happen at my pharmacy and I am the same as you. I don't mention my scripts by name, unless they ask. And even then, I pretty much whisper. Most of the time, the techs just know better than to blurt it out anyway.

Welcome back...I've missed you. God Bless, CMP/MM

Old 05-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User

Brian,

So great to hear about the improvement in your feet, and that God seems to be watching over you (He always does, but sometimes it just doesn't feel like it, does it?). I get so encouraged when I read about good things happening in a PMer's life...it really gives me hope for improvement in my own life.

You continue to be an inspiration to many here....thanks for sharing, and keep us posted on how things continue to go. You are one tough guy with a lot of heart and common sense. You rock!

Blessings,
Tex

Old 05-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
(female)

kim46 HB User

Brian, this is the first time I've posted to you but I have been reading a lot on this board. What a great update. Continued good wishes. A very good friend of mine had foot surgery and he's been disabled for four years now. My husband has bone spurs (we just found out as he couldn't walk) but we found a convservative podiatrist.

Wow on the pharmacy - you're right about his being robbed. I've never thought of this before until my friend mentioned it to me to be careful when I fill my script.
Take care.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Hope things improve for your Brian. Try to hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpain33 View Post
My PCP doc upped my BT med(Percocet 5/325) to up to 6x/day which he said is going to be the limit for me, so I will try hard not to take that many unless I have a bad pain spike.
If this doesn't address your pain, you'll have to go up on your LA meds. But, you probably know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpain33 View Post
I do have a story about when I went to the pharmacy yesterday to get the Percocet filled. I try to be as discreet as possible when filling it. I was in line and then this guy comes in and totally disregards the line and went straight to the counter and said "When can I get my Oxycontin? If I pay cash can I get them today?" umm can you say definitely a using Addict.
This person is lucky the pharmacist filled it. Many pharmacies would have called the Doc on this one.

Hope you feel better.

Ex

Old 05-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Hello, hello everyone, here is an update!!

Hi Brian

Thanks for the update. Glad you have improvement in your feet. My prayers are with you.

Take care, Nadine

Closed Thread