Ok, I know everyone has been concerned about me. I have been struggling too as you are all aware.
My pain has been worse the last 2 weeks and I really started getting depressed and trying to figure out what I should do. I know that I am trying to play doctor again
I did finally break down and decided to go on an anti-d, specifically Wellbutrin XL since I already had some at home. I did clear it through my PCP and my psychiatrist. I am starting low especially since I saw the med interaction with my fentanyl patch & Percocet. It supposedly increases the chance of seizures 10x from what is normal for just the Wellbutrin. Of course the chance of seizure is like 0.4% so 10x that is not much but I will keep an eye out for any signs. I have been having some insomnia since starting it but I have been taking the Ambien the last couple of nights which I don't like taking really.
I went to the podiatrist yesterday and hear are the results, drum roll please.
1. My left ankle is alot better probably at least 60% better
2. My left foot is some what better probably 30% better
3. My right foot is back to where it was. He gave me a cortisone shot 6 weeks ago. He said that is about the time limit for them, so we are back to square one on that foot. He gave me another cortisone shot yesterday in a different spot.
4. He said that I have instability in my left ankle for some reason and that it would probably take surgery to correct it, ummm he** no. I do want an MRI at least to see what might be going on there.
5. He taped my right foot to see what that might do, probably nothing I expect.
6. My PCP doc upped my BT med(Percocet 5/325) to up to 6x/day which he said is going to be the limit for me, so I will try hard not to take that many unless I have a bad pain spike.
My foot hurt so bad yesterday after getting that cortisone shot injected around my metatarsal head(3rd toe). I thought about leaving work becuase it started aching and hurting so bad. I even took 800mg of ibuprofen yesterday, at work which I usually don't take. I could not even go to sleep last night because of the pain. So I elevated it and took another Percocet and I finally fell asleep. I prayed to God that he would help to alleviate my pain and to allow me to fall asleep peacefully and next thing I know I had fallen asleep. The pain is better today and hopefully the effects of the cortisone shot will last longer. I broke down and bought 1 pair of shoes from the podiatrist. I could only put down 1/2 which was $75. I told him that I could either pay 1/2 on the shoes or pay my copay but not both. I got up to the front and the receptionist said that he waved my copay, not sure how he did this but I experienced gratitude there. So that is where I am at. I got a different generic brand of Percocet, switched from Roxanne's Roxicet to Endo or Endone's(not sure) Endocet. I was in la la land after taking one of those on an empty stomach, not good for me. I made sure that I ate but they effected me differently that the other brand.
p.s. I do have a story about when I went to the pharmacy yesterday to get the Percocet filled. I try to be as discreet as possible when filling it. I was in line and then this guy comes in and totally disregards the line and went straight to the counter and said "When can I get my Oxycontin? If I pay cash can I get them today?" umm can you say definitely a using Addict. I felt sorry for him that he probably does not even know what recovery feels like. I thought wow he just announced to the whole pharmacy what he takes and he is lucky that someone else in there was not an addict and would follow him to steal his script or they know to follow him on the 19th to rob him after he fills it. So dumb. I know how addicts think, ya know Trust me I won't be stealing it from him.