It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
(male)

deviphish HB User
hello all , I saw a new P.M doctor on friday..

I saw a new p.m doctor last week just to get a second opinion.. I had a 2 level fusion almost 3 months ago with 2 rods and 6 screws , autograft was done as well.. My current P.M doctor had me on hydromorphone for about 1 month , than 10/650 apap oxycodone.. I have been in pain for the last month , I'm sure it's surgical pain..

Anyway my P,M doctor would not change my current perscription of 10/650 apap percocet , I was taking between 5 to 6 a day and thats way to much tylenol.. I told my doctor that I'm not happy with my meds and want oxycodone with NO tylenol.. He said no , and we need to stick with this plan !!

I found a new doctor and he put me on roxycodone 30 mgs (blue pill that has a v/4812 on it) 60 for 2 weeks , he also put me on AVINZA (morphine sulfate) , 60 mgs as well.. The roxicodone is working great , it's pure oxycodone with no tylenol so my stomach feels better , and the AVINZA - I take 1 pill every 24 hours and i like that as well..

***** If any one has any feedback on this roxycodone (v/4812) , is this a generic form of roxycodone , and how does it compare to other pain meds out there ?

***** If any one has any feed back on AVINZA (morphine sulfate , 60 mg tablet) I don't no much about morphine , is this a good E.R pain med ? P,M doctor told me to only take 1 pill every 24 hrs , whens the best time to take it - morning or night ?

thank you all , sorry for the long post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
(male)

backpainer HB User
Re: hello all , I saw a new P.M doctor on friday..

Wow to go through all of this surgery and needing to up your pain medication, I thought this is why people have surgery. I see this all the time and don't know why people have surgery, most of them fail, and you may end up worse.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

zoey1 HB User

backpainner while some end up worse surgeons are just no good at pain management after the fact. They generally assume they fixed the issue and do not manage the recovery process at all so they pass you on to someone else. Most do not realize it can take up to 6 months for just the nerves to heal and up to a year for the surgery areas to heal ( such as with fusions).
O/p i am glad you took an active route with your after care especially if what the first one didn't give you enough relief and or was willing to try something else. I am hopeful for you that the new mix does better for you.
Did you try any low doses of amitriplene for the nerve pain? What are they doing for that? How is your throat doing after surgery? Have you tried alternating between ice/heat? Are you able to sleep lying down ( when you can sleep)? or are you using an easy chair? Are you paying attention to the lifting/bending carrying rules?
My good thoughts go with you during these times and grats for having courage to seek out additional help. We have to be our own advocates.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Make sure you notify your other Doc that you have sought the services of a new Doc and won't be returning. I assume you told the new Doc because that's why you were there. Some in PM can overreact so good communication is key.

Ex

Old 05-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviphish76 View Post
If any one has any feedback on this roxycodone (v/4812) , is this a generic form of roxycodone , and how does it compare to other pain meds out there ?
my 30 mg oxycodone's have "A/215" on them, small blue pill, which is one of the generic oxycodones. I've asked my pharmacist about the name brand but he doesn't keep them in stock.
I take it 4x a day but can add 1 more if needed.
My new LA med is opana er. Doc just upped me from 10mg to 20 mg. but so far I cannot tell if it's working. I'm giving it a chance.

Closed Thread