It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
(male)

PAULOGGER HB User
Finding a Dr in Arkansas that will prescribe oxycontin

I have more than enough evidence of my need and history with it. But the gocs ive seen act like they are prohibited from presscribing them . I am not an abuser and have passwd every drug screen that my past PM docs ever gave including serum level surprise test. Thanks to my old workers comp adjustor from hell, my past PM doc got into ab fight with her saying bI needed to continue on oxycontin and she wanted him to ween me off. Theh stopped paying him. Shes since been fired , but he still won't deal with them, I need help and will travel anywhere in the US. Please help me. \\\

Last edited by moderator2; 05-22-2008 at 05:31 AM. Reason: posted contact info

Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Finding a Dr in Arkansas that will prescribe oxycontin

Hey Paulogger, Welcome to the PM board. I'm sorry you have had so much difficulty. I wish I had some definite answers but it's hard to say if any doc will or will not prescribe opiates/opioids for pain. With the way the DEA is, the majority of docs in this country are quite skittish about it.

The only thing I can think to suggest is to research a couple of specialties that tend to have a more aggressive approach to Pain Management. In my research and also my personal experience, anesthesiologists and physiatrists tend to be more open to all modalities of PM, including meds. Maybe you could find one who is in a nearby state and see if you can be referred to him/her.

The thing is, that most docs are going to be a little wary of anyone who brings up narcotics right off the bat, so you may have to start from scratch. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is just my opinion and others here, may have a different one.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck. I know how hard it is to have to search for the right doc. Take care, CMP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User
Re: Finding a Dr in Arkansas that will prescribe oxycontin

Would it be worth seeing the old doc and paying for the consultation your self?

Closed Thread