It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
(female)

lynn27 HB User
Lynn27 pain story

Hi Everyone

My name is Lynn and I'm new to this community. I discovered this message board about a week ago and have been reading just about everyone's CP story. I'm so glad I found this site.

I had a cervical fusion in 1993 c5/c6 without hardware, I just had another fusion 1/9/08, c6/c7 with hardware. I was doing pretty good after the surgery, then at the end of March I started to experience alot of pain again. I went to the ortho for my final checkup and he said the fusion healed just fine. I asked why I am in so much pain, he said "well you have alot of mileage on your neck". What??!! Now it's the beginning of June and I'm in agony. I work 40 hrs a week in front of a computer and can just about stand it. I'm taking vacation time to stay home and rest. Fortunately, I am on pain management. I have been on pm for a little over a year. I was just perscribed the fentanyl patch 25 mcg every 48 hrs. about a week ago. I also take 4 10/325 percocets per day for bt pain. The patch is working for about 24 hrs and that's it. I had high hopes that this surgery would relieve my pain, but now it's worse that before surgery. My quality of life has changed considerably. I can just about keep my house clean. I don't go out with friends anymore because I can't take the pain and don't want to be complaining about pain every time. Also, my friends look down their nose at the pain meds I'm taking. I don't get high from them, I'm not walking aroung like a zombie and I function very well at work.

They say, "you're addicted". My husband was starting that nonsense too for a while, now he is being much more supportive. I hope they never have to experience what I and many of you are going through. I have an appt with the nuerosurgeon on 6/16. I hope they can find out what is causing this. I hope there is a solution. I don't think I should be in this much pain.

I'm so glad I found this message board. It's good to know that other people understand what I'm going through. Many of you are so much worse off than I am. I give you all alot of credit for trying to feel better. It's a daily struggle and it's good to have someone I can talk to.

It's been great to meet all of you, and I will be checking the board frequently to see how you all are doing.

Thanks for listening

Lynn27

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
Re: Lynn27 pain story

Hi Lynn,

Well you sound alot like me. I dont do much with my friends anymore either. SOmetimes but for sure not on a regular basis.
I have also experienced many of the dame things from others about the fact that I take pain meds. I am a recovering addict and alcoholic, but I do not abuse my meds. SOme people in 12 step groups that found out I was taking meds started rumors and all this silly stuff about me so now I do not tell people anymore. I understand as many others do on this boarsd that sometimes if we are a Chronic Pain patient we have some stigma that is placed upon us.

Please come onto the forums and introduce yourself there. Say hello. Everyone on this forum is awesome. They are so supportive and kind.
Welcome, and I hope the upcoming apt will give you some answers.

Chrissy

Old 06-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
(female)

lynn27 HB User
Re: Lynn27 pain story

Hi Chrissy:

Nice to meet you. I read your story a few days before I registered. You have been through alot, I don't know how you cope. You sound like a strong willed person. I'm trying not to let this get me down, but it's getting harder and harder. I felt good yesterday, went out last night and only lasted about 2 hours. I was hoping I could hang out longer than that. My friends said, "where have you been hiding?" I just said I have alot of work to do at home. I did have a good day today, my pain level was about 5. I was able to go in my pool and hang on my deck for most of the afternoon, it's very hot here in the northeast today.

Closed Thread