It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 AM   #1
(female)

hurtinggrandma HB User
Need Help In Northern Virginia/maryland

My doctor in maryland has had some type of family emergency has been gone three weeks. Will not return for another three and when he comes back will no longer be dispensing Pain Rxs! If anyone out there is in northern virginia, washington, dc, or maryland and know of a pain management clinic or pcp who will prescribe pain rx's please let me know. I have my medical records, pharmacy records everything to prove I do not abuse my pain medication I've actually had been having it lowered because I felt it was to high. Thank God I did because I would be in alot worst shape six months ago than I am in now. If thats humanly possible. I am completely out of my pain meds and in WDS which is nothing compared to the pain I am in. Please if anyone of you can help please give me any information you can. Thank youi.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Need Help In Northern Virginia/maryland

Hurting grandma....I can't say "I"m sorry" enough. Unfortunately, we've heard something like this all too often.

I must say this is starting to be more clear now. I don't believe the "family emergency" thing one bit. Something has happened @ his practice to where he can't prescribe any longer.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I would report him to the proper medical authorities for Dr abandonment. I would try to get him officially disciplined.

It's good that you're looking for recommendations...That's the best way to go. In the meantime, however, I would go ahead and book a couple appointments for as soon as you can (with multiple Docs). This way, if you don't like one, you have appts with others. Additionally, after you make one appt., someone may have a cancelation and move you up. When you make the appt., ask if you can be called if something pops up.

I would also go to the ER with your records and explain that your other Doc is out of the office for at least 3 more weeks for this so called "family emergency" and that you've been notified by the staff that he will no longer be prescribing narcotics. Tell the ER Doc that you suspect something is up, but the bottom line is that you've been abandoned and need medical help. I don't want to scare you, but WD can be very serious. Get your medical records and as Fabby said in her other post, I'd camp out @ the ER.

Good luck, and again, I'm sorry.

Ex

The Following User Says Thank You to Executor For This Useful Post:
Mudshark (05-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Call prince william hospital and ask them for pain mgmt doctors in town. They have a referral program and I was told a brand new pain mgmt doctor apparently has opened up in Manassas. I will go try to find the name for you and post back.

Good luck and I am praying.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Ex,
Look at the original post grandma started, I wrote the same thing you did. Something is up with this doc.
I hope and pray you can get in somewhere soon. Ill be thinking of you today and please let us know how you are doing and if anything changes. Try to drink some gatorade or something to keep your electrolytes up if you can manage. I have a feeling youll get some help at an ER somewhere today. Hang in there.
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Do to posting policies I can not give you the phone numbers but you should be able to find in the phone book/online.

Deeni Bassam, M.D.
Practice Name: NOVA Advanced Pain Management

Dr. Thomas Nguyen
Practice Name: Virginia Spine Institute *Excellent Doctor**

Capitol Spine and Pain Mgmt Centers - Have good reputation and have 4 offices in Northern VA

Last edited by ms_west; 07-02-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User

Grandma...Goodness, I'm so sorry you're going through this. This is just inhumane. I have a friend who used an amazing pain management doc in La Plata, MD. Do a search on "pain management" and "La Plata, MD", and go see the doctor that begins with a Y. It's a small office with only 2 doctors. I've heard he's SO compassionate and not too hard to see. I researched the location for you, and it looks like you're about 66 miles away. Hope you find relief SOON! Oh, and I meant to add...if I were you, I'd just get my records and make an appointment. I wouldn't call and ask if they script pain meds, because they may label you as a seeker and tell you no. Just my opinion, but I think you'd do better that way. I may be wrong. My friend was pleasantly surprised at his level of compassion and understanding, so I'm thinking you will be, too!
Hugs.

Last edited by painaway; 07-02-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
(female)

hurtinggrandma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123dietdrpepper View Post
Do to posting policies I can not give you the phone numbers but you should be able to find in the phone book/online.

Deeni Bassam, M.D.
Practice Name: NOVA Advanced Pain Management

Dr. Thomas Nguyen
Practice Name: Virginia Spine Institute *Excellent Doctor**

Capitol Spine and Pain Mgmt Centers - Have good reputation and have 4 offices in Northern VA

Thank you I called. They said to have my doctor send over my records. then they will be able to see me in about a week. they will not give rxs out on first visit. so i called doctors office fingers crossed they sent it i have heard nothing back yet. thank you

Old 07-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

That is great news. I pray that something works out for you. How are you holding up? Did you go to the ER?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

lfoster21 HB User
Wink Re: Need Help In Northern Virginia/maryland

I go to the Capital spine and rehab center. I see Dr. Kendall, in the alexandria offic, but they also have several offices and Drs. There is a Fairfax, Herndon, and Shirlington offices and a Centreville office will be opening soon. Also, I was able to get my meds the 1st day that I went.

Good luck,
Lorie

Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
Ex,
Look at the original post grandma started, I wrote the same thing you did. Something is up with this doc.
I know....This is why I think I like you so much....We're cut from much of the same cloth.

Ex

Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ms_west HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfoster21 View Post
I go to the Capital spine and rehab center. I see Dr. Kendall, in the alexandria offic, but they also have several offices and Drs. There is a Fairfax, Herndon, and Shirlington offices and a Centreville office will be opening soon. Also, I was able to get my meds the 1st day that I went.

Good luck,
Lorie

There is another member from Woodbridge who uses this practice as well and says they are fantastic. Can't think of his name. I am losing my memory these days.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:07 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Same here Ex...
Thanks for the compliment, and I couldnt agree more. Back at ya~
xoxoxoxo,
IZZY'SMOM

Old 07-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123dietdrpepper View Post
There is another member from Woodbridge who uses this practice as well and says they are fantastic. Can't think of his name. I am losing my memory these days.
Granny....I'd jump all over Woodbridge....Go get your records yourself and take them to Woodbridge with a cover letter like I said in your other thread. Beg, plead, or whatever in your letter...Explaining what has happened to the your previous Doc's practice. i would use the word "abandon" in your letter.

In the meantime, I would take the same packet with me to the ER.....and see if they can't tide you over. I feel like they would if you took your records, cover letter, and appt card (for Woodbridge) and ask them to keep you out of WD until your appt. Again, press the "abandonment" issue..............

Good luck.

Ex

Last edited by Executor; 07-02-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:31 AM   #14
(female)

hurtinggrandma HB User

well doctor office has not faxed over records to anyone. and the one doctor in manassas does not do pain meds. called spine center they referred me to severakl different doctors one may see me in two weeiks.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #15
(female)

hurtinggrandma HB User

capital spine can't get me in until 7/31 at 3:30 still trying

Closed Thread