It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

slydoe HB User
Fentanyl patches 25 mg

Fentanyl patches 25 mg how long does it take for them to start working

Old 08-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: Fentanyl patches 25 mg

Hello slydoe,

Welcome to the boards. The patch is not my prescribed med, but I know from other's posts that because it is a continuous, slow release of medication, it can take up to several weeks to reach it's full potential. This isn't to say that you won't recieve any relief sooner than that. I would think you would at least begin to notice some pain relief within the first 24 to 36 hours. A lot can depend on what meds and doses you were taking, prior to the patch, as well.

There are several people here, who have extensive knowledge of Fent patches, so I'm sure they will chime in. I just wanted to say welcome and let you know that all meds take a little time to reach their full potential, some longer than others. Please post often and let us know about your journey with chronic pain. There are some of the best people on the planet here on the boards. You've found a great place! CMP/MM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Fentanyl patches 25 mg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpgirl View Post
it can take up to several weeks to reach it's full potential. This isn't to say that you won't recieve any relief sooner than that. I would think you would at least begin to notice some pain relief within the first 24 to 36 hours.
Cmpgirl is right....It can take a while for the BPL (blood plasma level) to build in your system. The white paper that comes in your box says it can take up to 10 days for your BPL to fully build. However, you should feel some effects sooner.

Hang in there as best you can, and report any unusual symptoms to your Doc.

Good luck,

Ex

Closed Thread