It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
(female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User
Question side effects from stopping lyrica ??

Hi everyone......Well I have finally given up on lyrica !! I have taken it now for almost three years .. I was perscibed this to lesson the "electrical" type pain I have because of DDD and many other spinal problems. I can say that for those three years it may be the reason the 'electrical pain' has not been present and with the lyrica at bed I am able to give up sleeping pills and almost sleep without horrible pain. Now the bad ..........

*The weight gain is a BIG issue, I have never weighed this in my life, a weight gain of about 30lbs ( every month my pants get tighter , ugh)........

*The brain issues, the last straw was the other night in front of the entire family I tried to say.... ' may I please finish my sentence'.... it came out..... 'may I please finish my SANDWICH ' !!, this happens alot....

*My doctor has to give me samples of lyrica because my insurance will not pay for it because my disease is not approved for it, so I am tired of having to 'beg' for samples even though he is very supportive of it....

*The last straw is the very very blurred vision from lyrica, when I walk in any store like wal-mart the store becomes a big blur and I squint the entire time. Watching TV is very very frustrating because of the blurriness

.........so now to my question.........I began tapering off lyrica last week .......
....what side effects should I look for while stopping lyrica.........my doctor really didn't explain this to me..........I am scared to stop lyrica because I DO NOT WANT THAT HORRIBLE ELECTRICAL PAIN BACK however I really don't know if the lyrica helped with this or if perhaps the pain has subsided. Also as listed above I am upset with all the side effects.........

please anyone who can help me with info about getting off lyrica I would appreciate it .......take -care,

sorry so long but this is a big step for me and I am very nervous ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

Mcgirl HB User
Re: side effects from stopping lyrica ??

Because of a pharmacy mistake I involuntarily went off of Lyrica last summer. They accidentally prescribed me Neurontin. It was a HUGE oops and I went through some serious withdrawal symptoms. I started to get the chills at first and then I got the cold sweats. It all came to a head when I started to vomit and get physically sick because of the withdrawal. On top of all of these side effects I got almost too week to walk and had severely blurred vision. As soon as they gave me the correct med and admitted their mistake I started taking my Lyrica again. Within an hour I was as good as new.

After going through this I too dread the day I ever have to go off of this med. I highly suggest you speak to your doc and figure out a plan so that you can slowly taper yourself off of it. Good luck!!!

Closed Thread