It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

imageordiegal HB User
Finding a doctor that will prescribe Percodan

I have been taking vicodin 10 for 3+ years since I was rear-ended in an auto accident. Eventually ended up at pain management, who prescribed vicodin and then morphine. Didn't like morphine but had no trouble w/Percodan in my past. How do you find out what a doctor will prescribe? I have MRIs and X-Rays that show problems - you know, things that cause pain but don't yet need surgery. I live in Cape Canaveral, Florida, and would love the name of a doctor who will prescribe what I need w/o making me feel like a junkie. Thanks to any and all who can help me. Worst case, I can drive to Orlando or Melbourne, FL.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
(female)

patti678 HB User
Re: Finding a doctor that will prescribe Percodan

Hi:

removed inappropriate message

If your doctor gave you morphine then he or she should be able to give you the percodan. Morphine is a very strong drug. A lot stronger than percodan. Percodan and percocet are not good drugs for chronic pain or long term use. They tend to make people angry and have other bad side effects. Why don't you ask your doctor for a stronger form of vicodin. If your pain is bad enough to need percodan then maybe it is bad enough to do surgery. Also look in the phone book for pain management doctors, there should be some where you live.
PERCODAN WILL NOT SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS IT WILL JUST CREATE NEW PROBLEMS FOR EXAMPLE ANGER AND ADDICTION.

pATTI

Last edited by Administrator; 09-04-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: inappropriate...either share info or don't...don't judge.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
(male)

dave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageordiegal View Post
I have been taking vicodin 10 for 3+ years since I was rear-ended in an auto accident. Eventually ended up at pain management, who prescribed vicodin and then morphine. Didn't like morphine but had no trouble w/Percodan in my past. How do you find out what a doctor will prescribe? I have MRIs and X-Rays that show problems - you know, things that cause pain but don't yet need surgery. I live in Cape Canaveral, Florida, and would love the name of a doctor who will prescribe what I need w/o making me feel like a junkie. Thanks to any and all who can help me. Worst case, I can drive to Orlando or Melbourne, FL.
I think it's more appropriate that you find a doctor who will adequately control your pain; not a doctor who will just prescribe the meds of YOUR choice. When you go to a doctor asking for one particular med - especially a narcotic - red flags immediately go up, and your chances of receiving adequate pain control go down. While it is a good idea to let the doctor know of your experience with different narcotic pain killers, you shouldn't slam the door on other possibilities, and insist on receiving Percodan. It makes you look like a drug-seeking patient. Especially if you're willing to drive any distance from home to get a specific doctor to prescribe a specific drug. Best of luck to you..

Old 07-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
(male)

1stepAhead HB User

Just a tip , asking for anything specific is a great way NOT to get it.

Discuss with your doctor what has worked in the past and what hasn't. Just remember it's the doctor's call.

FWIW, many other narcotic pain relievers are just as effective as percodan. Be willing to give them a try. You may want to talk with your doctor about switching to something else anyway, as your post led me to believe that perhaps you were becoming overly... tolerant?... of the short acting medications (which isn't abnormal after years of use, but might suggest to a doctor that you could be using more than prescribed in some cases I would imagine).

Just be honest above all else and you should get the help you need.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-04-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Closed Thread