It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
(female)

bethie44 HB User
Dislocated jaw

Last Mon, I dislocated my jaw and was able to pop it back into place myself. I'm not going to tell the story about how I did it, because it is incredibly stupid. Anyway, I went to the dr. to make sure everything was okay. She felt it, did x-rays, etc. and told me that I was going to be fine and that I fixed the problem myself. I just want to know how long it is going to heal now, because it is Saturday now, and it still hurts. Have any of you done something like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bullymom HB Userbullymom HB User
Re: Dislocated jaw

Ouch!! That had to hurt. When I was in labor some 32 years ago, the only anesthesia I had was a wash cloth to bite on. Well, my jaw became locked. Not alot of fun I must say. It stayed that way for about 3 days. I don't think this answers your question, but I would give my dentist or oral surgeon a call and see if he has an idea. Good luck, and take some ibuprofen or something similiar for the inflammation. Hope you fell better
Bullymom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
(female)

bethie44 HB User

That sounds awful! Thanks, I do have some pain meds and anti-inflammatories.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

have you posted under Dental problems...you may get more help and responses there. Or even under General Health...
Good luck to you~
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 06-06-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
(female)

bethie44 HB User

Thanks for the idea. I will try that!

~Beth

Old 06-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
(female)

bethie44 HB User

When I looked up dental problems, I found that there is also a TMJ board, so I posted it there.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Not sure Bethie if you will see this, but I have been having alot of problems with my jaw lately, as it is out of alignment due to my clenching & grinding. My Pt is trying to help me out with the jaw & ways to help reduce the pain. I will share with you what has somewhat helped me.
You can take your finger tips & very, very gently massage where the jaw meets. Your fingers should be spread out some, so that it covers the jaw area & Your index finger should be behind & below the ear. This is a form of gentle traction that can relax the jaw.
You may also want to give moist heat a try. I find the jaw problems hard to deal with & it can easliy lead to severe pain in other areas, such as ear, headaches, migraine type headaches & so on. Good luck, Sammy

Old 06-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
(female)

bethie44 HB User

Thanks! That would be helpful, but it does seem like it is slowly getting better. It will probably take about another week to completely heal.

Closed Thread