It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

Brosiah HB User
I want a parper Rx is that Ok?

At my surgeons office the nurse keeps calling my meds in at the wrong dosage and amounts. And then the pharmacy messed up and didnt give me the full amount ordered. They corrected it but still I dont want it to happen again. So I called my doctors office this morning and told the nurse I would like to pick up a paper presrciption rather than her call it in. I want to see for myself that she wrote it out correctly and not have to go through all the trouble again. But she said their policy is to call it in when its a refill, and refused. I feel like I have the right to a paper rx so that I can make sure for my own health that they are not screwing up again. Is this wrong? What do I do? Im tired of dealing with this.
Thanks for any input,
B.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
(female)

katlovesdogs HB User
Re: I want a parper Rx is that Ok?

I would ask the pharmacy for a COPY of what they wrote down when Doctor called it in and also ask the Doctor's office to call and verify WHAT and HOW MANY they called in

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

Another reason for you to go back to your PCP. I thought you had planned on doing this anyhow, I guess not? If your going to stick with this office you need to go over what she is calling in before hand, and confrim the dosage, and the quantitie before you hang up so you can make sure its all correct.

SS

Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
(female)

Brosiah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope View Post
Another reason for you to go back to your PCP. I thought you had planned on doing this anyhow, I guess not? If your going to stick with this office you need to go over what she is calling in before hand, and confrim the dosage, and the quantitie before you hang up so you can make sure its all correct.

SS

I want to go back to my PCP but when I saw the surgeon on Tues. I talked it over with him and he agreed to fill my presciption with enough to last until my surgery date. I figured that would be fine. I figured that would be better than the PCP because I want my surgeon to know exactly what Im taking so that he prescribes the right thing after srugery. Its just this darn nurse is such a crazy that she makes even the simplest things difficult for me. Its like she has somthing personal against me. But the first time I dealt with her in the office she was very nice. Then when I had to call in is when she flipped her attitude. She alternated between being polite and extreamly terribly rude. Its really bizare.

Dont I have the right to have paper in hand if I want it?

Closed Thread