It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
(male)

Leigh1988 HB User
Chest pain

Hey ive been receiving chest pain over the recent 2-3 days it occored in bed while i was laid on my side, the pain now happens every time i breath inwards and i wiggle my back twards the right meaning my left is where i receive pain..
i dont feel like its my lungs or heart but my ribs i dont know how i know i feel i just doo... i dont kno if its cramp or the fact ive broken something but its really painfull....if anyone has any advice i would be great full as its really sore.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User
Re: Chest pain

Leigh,

You need to go see your Dr. At a minimum you need to rule out things that could be a serious problem, such as a broken rib, or even a heart problem. I don't want to scare you, but please call your Dr. in the morning. If the pain becomes severe tonight, or you have difficulty breathing, go to the ER. Have you had an injury in the past few days that makes you think you might have injured your ribs? You might want to go ahead and call your primary care Dr. tonight, and see what he/she wants you to do. Usually a medical practice has an oncall Dr. who is available after hours for problems, don't worry about calling them - that is what they are there for. This may be nothing more than an injured muscle, but especially since it's on the left side you need to get it checked out ASAP. I just now saw that you are in the UK, I'm not sure what time it is there right now, I always get it messed up. If it's daytime please go call your Dr. NOW and let them know you are having chest pain, otherwise at least consider calling and talking to the oncall DR.

Please let us know what happens.

Tigg.

Last edited by tiggertoo2174; 07-08-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: just now saw you are in the UK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
(male)

Leigh1988 HB User

hey thanks yer i just wanted advice since i am a healthy person i go to the gym quite often and eat properly... i really dont know what this could be it has just happened in the past 2-3 days it only really hurts when i am trying to sleep and it feels like a really sharp pain in the front and back of my chest thats why i think its not the lung or heart... its only when i breath in and my chest cavity expands that the acute pain occurs...
i will consult my DR. but just wanted to see if there was anything that could be done before that task needed performing.... thanks for your advice though
Leigh

Old 07-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Besides going to see your doctor and possible x-ray there is nothing that one of us can do for you. If you start to have tingling or numbness on one side or pain radiating down your arm or up into your face then please go to the ER or contact emergency services immediately. Just because you are "healthy" and young does not mean you could not have a heart defect or something you were born with. There have been many young people that have died while working out or on the field playing football and it turned out that it was a heart problem that no one knew anything about even their parents.

brian

Old 07-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
(male)

Leigh1988 HB User

yes i shall go consult my DR..i just wanted to make sure it wasn't something trivial, i understand that you may not have the answers just wanted some sort of clearnce for now....i will go to my DR tomorrow thanks for all your help

leigh

Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Leo123 HB UserLeo123 HB User
Cool Re: Chest pain

Leigh,

If your healthy and all, it's probably nothing.

Definitely get it checked out if you feel like it might be something serious.

It's just that I also am fairly healthy except for needing foot surgery I would say I have no other serious medical issues.

And the point I;m getting at is, throughout my life I always get weird pains over my body, sometimes in my head, sometimes in chest like you, some go away after a day, some go away after a few days, some are sharp pains, some are dull pains, For examply yesterday I got these shooting pains in my head and it happened quite a few times, and I started thinking all sorts of things, etc.. Well i think you get my point.

I for sure can remember some pains I've had in my lungs when I take a deep breathe and it's never been anything serious.

usually I just stresses myself about them and got worried it might be something and then after a few days it went away. Usually if I stopped thinking about it it would go away faster.

Now if this chest pain is a severe pain, and it's preventing you from breathing in anyway and/or it has been going on for many many days, then definitley get yourself an appointment with a doctor.

I hope you feel better.

Closed Thread