It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
(male)

Rising HB User
Question abdominal pain upper right side of the stomach has alcoholic history

Hi,

Looking here for good advice & opinion..

I was drinking / smoking badly almost 5 years, (1998 to 2003 .. Age was 20/25..)
( Thrice in a week, so Monday 180ml/Wednesday 180ml/ Friday 180ml/Saturday 360ml, every time minimum 10 cigarette while drinking without proper food)
Apart from this everyday minimum 5 cigarette.. In this period not had proper food.... weight was 47Kg

In 2003 had some issue after consuming drink..
1) My body starting heating up immediately, 2) Felt very hot, 3) Breathing was vey fast, 4) Many time omitted after drink,
Due to this stopped drinking & had gone thru all proper treatments like liver test/Liver function test/Blood test/urine test/kidney test/Sonography test etc n result was normal..
there wasn't any pain in stomach that time (2003..Age 25Yr), was just felt very hot after drink or unable to consume drink..
Look like I was in normal condition.. everything was fine.. doctor gave advice quitting drink /smoke....

I stopped for a couple of months n started drinking/smoking again.
In 2004 I started getting above symptom again & realized abdominal pain upper right side of the stomach below the right side chest
so stopped drink/smoke immediate

When ever I had food I can feel more pain specially if I walk down.. But if I keep my body strait I won't feel much pain.....
It's like I'm feeling something in my right side of stomach,

I shown to doctor in 2005.. he has very good experience.. he was treating me since I was around 10 year old.. he was like family doctor..
explained him above situation shows all reports.. he said after some period it will recover...said don't very about this.. advised for good food & healthy life style
but didn't told me actually what happen to me Just said live good life & be happy..

Since 2005 I quit drink/smoke completely....
Now it is almost 3+ year but still I has abdominal pain upper right side of the stomach below the right side chest

8/2009, Last month I have gone thru normal medical checkup like Blood test/urine test/Sonography test etc n result was normal.. (not gone thru liver test/LFT)
Explain to doctor above situation this doctor suggested me going thru endoscopy test.. I heard if everything goes fine with this test then ok.. other wise it may create some other complications..
so I'm confuse about endoscopy test.

Now it is almost 3+ year but still I has abdominal pain upper right side of the stomach below the right side chest
I know/think this is developed because of alcoholic history..
Would like know what's wrong with me..

Age 31.. Height is 5.11ft..current weight is 75Kg,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
(male)

dave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB Userdave490 HB User
Re: abdominal pain upper right side of the stomach has alcoholic history

Finding out what is wrong with you is a doctor's job. I would find a doctor who will keep running tests until he or she finds out what is causing your pain. Giving up smoking and drinking is great, but it's obvious that this wasn't the problem. Good luck to you.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Could it be your gall bladder?

Old 09-12-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

Sounds like there could be sludge buildup between your gallbladder to your pancreas. An ERCP could be done where they can clean out the area. When sludge builds up, it can cause pancreatitis. The pain you describe is consistent with this scenario. A tell tale sign is the problem with pain after eating and it feeling better when you are laying straight out. Abusing alcohol and smoking cigarettes, especially in combination with one another, can take a very long time to "heal".

You also could have ulcers or experiencing gastritis from certain foods....especially if you do have ulcers....certain foods will cause major pain. Some people (me included) can have problem with NSAID'S, especially high dose prescription ones and they can cause the symptoms you described and also a feeling like you've been punched a million times in your upper abdomen. They can also cause stomach bleeds (which happened to me twice...I don't drink....but those who do have an increased risk of this happening) and, in combination with alcohol, is a BIG NO NO, can be VERY DANGEROUS.

Also, are you on Narcotic medications or other pain medications? Just checking since you posted on the pain management board.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jema X HB User

Sounds like an endoscopy might be the way to go - I'd also ask for a CT scan of your liver, gallbladder etc with contrast. I had a liver tumour and even though it was removed last year I still get right sided pain. It's worth getting it scanned because then you can see the actual liver and any cysts etc that may be there. I don't think I'd just leave it though - in my experience right sided pain is not good and you want to know what's going on. I had pain for a couple of years on and off but didn't discover the cause for it until they 'accidently' found my tumour. There are many reasons for URQ pain and gallbladder problems is most likely.
Good luck and let us know how you go.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
(female)

katlovesdogs HB User

pancreatitis is major with chronic alcohol and the food can irritate it for sure. Get it cehcked. it could be serious

Closed Thread