It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
(male)

jimmy66 HB User
how long does 325mg tylenol stay in your liver

how long does 325mg tylenol stay in your liver

Old 09-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
(male)

guy in AU HB User
Re: how long does 325mg tylenol stay in your liver

It doesnt exactly work like that Jimmy, tylenol doesnt go into your liver specificaly, it is distributed all over your body in your body fluids.

Acetaminophen/paracetamol has a half life of between 1 and 4 hours, average of 2 hours. The amount in your body hlafs every 2 hours.

The normal maximum dose of acetaminophen is 4000mg per day - 12 325mg tablets.

It is normal to repeat the dose every 4 to 6 hours. However, 325mg is a very low dose, and by it self, it is unliely to have any pain releiving effect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
(male)

guy in AU HB User

No danger of liver toxicity at that dose and with that time difference between the alcohol and the pills.

If you drank 13 beers and were taking oxycodone/apap regularly four times a day or whatever, you might have a problem with both the acetaminophen, and the combo of the alcohol and oxycodone potentiating one another

Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

jon is right. i just wanted to add that when you do simply drink with also taking any tylenol, it DOES kind of hit the liver with somewhat of a 'double whammy' effect? but in your case, that window of time you had between the two should not be any real issue. but its just both are kind of metabed in the very same way using the very same chemical so it hits that liver a bit harder. so its not "just' that potentiating affect, its a liver thing too. one other thing i just wanted to mention to you or anyone who has a surgery using general anesthesia? certain types of anesthesia are also very hard on the liver too and usually will take about a week or so before your whole system kind of recovers from just the anesthesia impact too. just keep this stuff in mind(espescially for the first week post op) when taking any tylenol and also drinking any alcohol and things should be fine for you. hope the healing goes well with that shoulder. i went down THAT painful road a couple of years ago, ouch. Marcia

Closed Thread