It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

kwmillie HB User
Hello I Am New Here

Hello,

I just joined this evening. I am a former Social worker that is now on social security disability thanks to a fail fusion. I am in intractable pain 24/7. I had a 3 level/360 spinal fusion from L2 through L5 in November of 07. Then I had a Laminectomy on Dec. of 07, and 2 more Laminectomies in 2008.

In August of 08, I had a spinal cord stimulator installed due to radiculopathy on my left leg and it works great for my nerve pain! I am currently taking two medications for my pain, methadone 80 Mg's a day and Dilaudid 4 Mg for break through pain.

I was recently diagnosed (in June of 09) with saddle anesthesia, and now I have to catheterized myself. I am here to get support and to offer support whenever I can. I hope to meet a lot of people that are on the same boat that I am in and to find a good support system.

I live alone with my dog Malcolm and I hope to get to know a lot of neat people here!

Millie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
(female)

LuvMyPittie HB User
Re: Hello I Am New Here

WOWZA Millie !!! Youve been thru alot !!! ...And 80 mgs of Methadone ? PLUS diladid ? I'd be nodded out somewhere !..( I just looked at an old empty bottle of the Methadone I was taking and it was 10 mgs 3 X a day with 10 mg of hydrocodone 3 X a day as needed for BT....and I couldnt function !!!...

Isnt it strange how it affects ALL of us so differently ??

What is saddle anesthesia ?

I just want to welcome you to the board and stay a while !..Theres some great and knowledgable people from all over the world on here !!...I'm new to this board but not PM.... Jump in at any time and ask questions or give your opinion, advice or story or whatever ( I think u get the gist !!!)...

I'll quit rambling , but WELCOME !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User

Welcome kwmille! I am fairly new as well. There are some great people on the board. They are helpful and you can learn alot just from reading the posts.
Have a great evening.
Sophie 56

Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmillie View Post

I just joined this evening.......

I hope to get to know a lot of neat people here!
Welcome to Healthboards Millie! Many posters here have a great deal of experience and thus, can provide lots of support and guidance when needed.

And, if you're a former social worker, you can probably help many people as well. I am very glad to meet you and hope you stay for a while. This is a great place to interact with others who have very similar situations in life. I think you'll fit in very well.

Regards,

Ex

Old 09-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
(female)

kwmillie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Welcome to Healthboards Millie! Many posters here have a great deal of experience and thus, can provide lots of support and guidance when needed.

And, if you're a former social worker, you can probably help many people as well. I am very glad to meet you and hope you stay for a while. This is a great place to interact with others who have very similar situations in life. I think you'll fit in very well.

Regards,

Ex

Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
(female)

kwmillie HB User

Thanks Everyone for the wonderful welcome!

Luv - I take 10 Mg's of Methadone 2 every 6 hours, and believe it or not, the Methadone, does not make me all messed up. Is actually the only medication that does not give me the side effects that others gave me, like sleepiness, feeling of euphoria, etc. This medication has been my salvation so far, and I've been on everything that you can think off!
Saddle Anesthesia - Is pretty much the same as Arachnoidoitis (sp?). I am numb from around the belly button area down to the middle of my thighs (saddle area). I feel nothing in that area! So I have to catheturized myself, a Physiologist trained me on what to do for #2, and I do wear Depends pads "just in case"! Is really a pain, but, what can I do? Just go with the punches! Thanks for welcoming me :-)

Sophie and Executor, thanks for you warm welcomes also! And yes Executor, I will be more than happy to help others! It is in my blood :-).

I hope to be able to help others and to learn a bunch from all of you. Take care and I will be back later.

Millie

Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #7
(female)

judi AU HB User
Thumbs up Re: Hello I Am New Here

Gosh millie thats a heck of a journey you have just been in.Congrats for being so strong and keep up the battle its a long life we have yet to endure but the journey is only half the fun its the people that we meet along the way that gives us the joy and gifts we all need as we travel down its path.

Great to hear from U Judi.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
(female)

LuvMyPittie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by judi Southerand View Post
Gosh millie thats a heck of a journey you have just been in.Congrats for being so strong and keep up the battle its a long life we have yet to endure but the journey is only half the fun its the people that we meet along the way that gives us the joy and gifts we all need as we travel down its path.

Great to hear from U Judi.
WOW !!! I loved reading that !!! Very very true !!!\\Can I ' quote' you on part of it ??

Old 10-01-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
(female)

judi AU HB User

Hi millie how is U going today? Yep You can quote me,Just things relating to people I have picked up along my own journey take care and let me know how your going.
Cheers J

Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jema X HB User

Welcome to HealthBoards! This is a great site for support and there are many older members as well as newer members to spice things up. It's great to be able to come to the one place to get advice but also to offer support to others going through PM - sometimes it feels that the people I know here are the only people that really understand what pain is about.

You've obviously been through a lot but you sounds very positive and that's admirable.

How has your day been? What sorts of things do you do to fill your days?

Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #11
(female)

judi AU HB User

hi jema,
Its judi, were you asking me or LuvMyPittee or was it KwMillee?

If it was me well its a great experience for those of us viewing these boards and I am glad it is a positive experience for You 2.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Smile Re: Hello I Am New Here

Wow, you have been through a lot and have a great attitude. Welcome to the forum, this is a very supportive place to be! I'm sure your knowledge will be very much appreciated here.

~ Fiona Jo

Closed Thread