It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
Tramadol Question - Wild Dreams

If you've used Tramadol, maybe you can help me to understand this drug.

Last week I messed my back up. It was initially very bad. The first couple of days it took me almost 30 minutes to work up the strength to get out of bed. I have no idea what I did. Went to Urgent Care on day two as it was Sunday as I could not get into my primary until the next day and I didn't want a 3rd day of that level of pain. So the UC guy gave me 6 50 Mg. of Tramadol, one every 8 hours as needed. Enough for 2 days until my primary could do something.

I am very cautions about taking any drugs. It's just a "thing" I have. Sometimes I'll have a prescription for weeks before I start it, reading up on all the info first. But I took my first Tramadol on the way home in the car in hopes it would kick in and help me to be able to get OUT of the car!

I took 3 that first day and that was it. During the night I had very bad, vivid dreams. Very vivid. And they went on and on, seemed like a single dream lasted an hour. So that was the end of the Tramadol for me. I switched to Advil. But the dreams are not letting up. It's been a week now since I took those 3 pills. It doesn't seem logical to me that the dreams are being caused by the Tramadol (which wasn't even the time release version) but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Is it logical those 3 pills are still causing this sleep disruption?

My back is about 75% better. It's still not great. I feel like an old lady, all bent over. The Tramadol did help a lot more than Advil but I'm very leery of taking something I don't absolutely need.

Thanks for any feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2009, 05:12 AM   #2
(male)

IJAX HB User
Re: Tramadol Question - Wild Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by resolution09 View Post
If you've used Tramadol, maybe you can help me to understand this drug.

Last week I messed my back up. It was initially very bad. The first couple of days it took me almost 30 minutes to work up the strength to get out of bed. I have no idea what I did. Went to Urgent Care on day two as it was Sunday as I could not get into my primary until the next day and I didn't want a 3rd day of that level of pain. So the UC guy gave me 6 50 Mg. of Tramadol, one every 8 hours as needed. Enough for 2 days until my primary could do something.

I am very cautions about taking any drugs. It's just a "thing" I have. Sometimes I'll have a prescription for weeks before I start it, reading up on all the info first. But I took my first Tramadol on the way home in the car in hopes it would kick in and help me to be able to get OUT of the car!

I took 3 that first day and that was it. During the night I had very bad, vivid dreams. Very vivid. And they went on and on, seemed like a single dream lasted an hour. So that was the end of the Tramadol for me. I switched to Advil. But the dreams are not letting up. It's been a week now since I took those 3 pills. It doesn't seem logical to me that the dreams are being caused by the Tramadol (which wasn't even the time release version) but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Is it logical those 3 pills are still causing this sleep disruption?

My back is about 75% better. It's still not great. I feel like an old lady, all bent over. The Tramadol did help a lot more than Advil but I'm very leery of taking something I don't absolutely need.

Thanks for any feedback.
I had one prescription for tramadol, 150mg and started to have nightmares. This was very disturbing as i hadn't had a nightmare since i was a kid. I woke up in a sweat and felt quite paranoid. The tramadol also made me dizzy,so i stopped taking it and these symtoms ceased. I wondered if other people suffer the same effects so your post was very interesting to me.
All the best.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 AM   #3
(female)

inspirited HB User
Re: Tramadol Question - Wild Dreams

Let me jump in too! The same thing happened to me as well when I took the tramadol. I wasn't sure if it was the pain in my back and hips or the medication. Like you, I also had very vivid dreams of being in accidents, pinned in, just ugly dreams. I had had bad dreams before, but while I was on the tramadol, they were like yours, never ending and very disturbing. I stopped the tramadol, and the frequency of the dreams also went way down.
Just last night, I had a bad dream of trying to run from "something" and was in pain in I awakened. I just had to get up for a while and let this pass. Pain is a terrible thing when it invades your sleep and will not let you rest.

May we have the Blessings of rest to all of us!

Closed Thread