It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
(female)

M0rphine HB User
Cost of morphine?

What is the cost of treating chronic pain with morphine and what types of chronic pain are typically treated with morphine?

I know it is a big hammer, but is it worth the risk?

Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Cost of morphine?

Welcome to Healthboards. Many here have lots of experience, thus, can offer much support and guidance. This is a great site and I hope you find you time here to be informative and helpful.

I assume you're talking about oral morphine and not IV, or hospital liquid morphine. Oral morphine sounds like it's much stronger than it really is. There is no comparison between what you get at a hospital in an IV (or drip morphine) and oral morphine in pill form. For example, oral pill form morphine is roughly as strong as oxycodone. However, you don't get the euphoria like you do with Oxy.

Re: cost, a very good thread that is fairly recent called "Pain Meds $$$" details many of the popular pain meds and their retail cost...If one had no insurance and had to pay "cash." I recommend reading the entire thread.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=706513&highlight=cost+o f+pain+meds&page=5

If you could provide some more information on exactly what's going on and etc., I'd be glad to comment further. I'm sure others would be more likely to add information as well.

Best of luck to you.

Regards,

Ex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread