It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
(male)

trixter25 HB User
Tramadol Withdrawal question

I am currently taking 2 50mg tramadol 4x's a day... so 8 in all.
I ran out of my tramadol and my doctor all of the sudden had a new 48 hour refill policy so I can't go in until 2 days to get a refill (stupid).
So now I'm starting to get some pretty nasty withdrawal symptoms.
Anyways I do have some percocet from a previous injury and before I take any I was wondering If I am correct that it will help with the withdrawal until I can get my tramadol again since it is another type of opiate?
If I'm wrong please tell me, it's ok lol.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
Re: Tramadol Withdrawal question

To answer your question, yes, it will take care of any withdrawal symptoms you are having and will get you thru the 48 hour issue.

Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
(female)

pmtest HB User

Hello,

Yes it will help with the withdrawls, but is your dr okay with you taking this med? Did he prescribe it or did it come from another dr? The reason I ask is because if you are in pm and taking another med that your pm didnt give you, you could be in violation of your contract with them. Which could possibly show up on a urine screen, if you have them. I would just hate for you to have trouble with your dr if something like this was to happen. Thanks and good luck!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

deb53 HB User

Are they aware that you are completely out of medication? Most docs will work with you...call and speak directly to the nurse. No DECENT doctor wants his patients to suffer withdrawal symptoms...You may get a a little tongue lashing for waiting until the last minute, but that's OK too!

Deb

Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

You should not take old medication, whether it was prescribed by your current doctor or not, without his knowledge. It is a violation of a pain contract if you have one and can be a reason for dismissal if you are drug tested.
You also may not know that some medications loose strength and some gain potency after time sitting on a shelf.
I understand that you are in withdrawal and withdrawal from tramadol is nasty, however, if I were you, I would call your PM's office and let them know that you are out of medication and suffering from withdrawal and ask him what he would like you to do.
Back

Closed Thread