It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
(female)

INDeb HB User
Need good Indiana PM Dr.; Suggestions please!

I am currently seeing a PM Dr., but tired of him not listening and not making my pain manageable. I refuse to continue to pay good money and not get the service that I deserve. In one year, I have asked for med changes three times and it was granted once. Also, he tells me to call if I am having any problems and I have called twice in one year and both times was told that they do not have any appts before my follow up appt. I can not tolerate the pain any longer! I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I live between Indy and Ft. Wayne, but will go just about anywhere to find a good, caring, doctor.

Thanks,
Deb

Old 12-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Re: Need good Indiana PM Dr.; Suggestions please!

Hi Deb, not in your area, but wanted to wish you luck in finding someone to help you.
I suffer as so many others, and it is a VERY hard way to live, especially when we know there is proper help out there for us. I know how blessed I am to have a doctor that is very compassionate and also one that will treat my pain.

I am sure someone will come along to help you.
Madison104

Last edited by Madison104; 12-01-2009 at 04:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bullymom HB Userbullymom HB User

Hi Deb,
I like Madison don't have any suggestions, but hang in there someone will come along with some advice I'm sure. I am in Kentucky and my pain doctor does not take new patients, he only sees me yearly and my pcp takes care of my meds on a monthly basis. Hope you get some suggestions, and welcome to the board
Bullymom

Old 12-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
(female)

Nicole74 HB UserNicole74 HB User

I was in the same boat as you. For a year and a half it was pure torture. My pain was 9/10 and the pain doc kept telling me to go to the ER. He refused to raise what little medication I was recieving. I finally got the courage and got a second opinion, the pain doctor discharged me for getting that second opinion. I never could of done it without the support of my online friends. Especially Sammy and Marcia! I went to a PCP and he treated me until I was able to find a good PM! It took me 3 months to find the place I'm at now and I'm so glad I did it. Good luck! I would look online to see if you can find someone with good ratings.

Your PCP may lead you to a good PM as well. Maybe someone here can lead you in the right direction.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-01-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Closed Thread