It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

ss 104 HB User
i need help understanding my mri neck and back

Been in pain management over 3year seem like my neck is getting worst . And i have slip disk lower back . Sorry for caps just got new glasses and im still getting use to them. My mri reads---------

c4-c5 there is diffuse disk bulge with mile accompanying endplate spondylosis . No focal disk herniation central cantral canal or foraminal stenosis.

C5-c6 diffuse annular bulge with focal 4-mm right posterior latateral protrusion of the disk.there is accompanying endplate and uncovertebral joint spurring asmmetrically
prominent postero-laterallyon the right.
The disk/osteophyte complex effaces the ventral thecal sac right of midline and narrows the right c5-6 neural foraman.the is mild central stenosis.
C6-c7 ther diffuse disk disk bulge with endplate and uncovertebral joint spurring. .no focal disk herniation central canal or foraminal stenosis'
cervical cord is normal in size' position and signal intensity.
Impression:
1. Spondylitic chance with 4-mm right posterior lateral disk protrusion at c5-6 with asymmertric right posterolaterolateral spurring with central stenosis thecal sac effacement and right foraminal narrowing.

2. Milder spondylitic change at c4-5 and c6-7 as described.
----------------------------------------------------------------
here is my lowe back mri
minimal scoliosis
at l4-5 there is right lateral intervertebral dis bulging approaching the exiting right l4 nerve root without neuroforaminal compromise.
There is multilevel facet osteopathy without obvious compromise.
Impression mild spondlosis without obvious canal or nerve root compromise.

Xray on my lover back show spurs and arthritis.
It's feel like i dont have in shocks when i walk in lowels and walmart now it's starting to hurt when i just stand ... And my lower back allways hurts.......and i had 2 heart attacks aug 12.2007 and in aug 14 almost a year apart ..... And my pain doctor give me 120 lortabs a month but i really need 2 more a day .... And i think my heart doctor
wont let me have surgery ... And im also diebetic ..
I need to be taking out to woods and be shot . I just want to be able to enjoy my two sons and two grandsons one of my son is 7 years old my menopause baby.and live life even if i have to be on pain medicine the rest of my life. Much rather have a good short life then a long life in bed and pain all the time ....please help and thank all of you... Im so glad that i found this site

been in pain management over 3year seem like my neck is getting worst . And i have slip disk lower back . Sorry for caps just got new glasses and im still getting use to them. My mri reads---------

c4-c5 there is diffuse disk bulge with mile accompanying endplate spondylosis . No focal disk herniation central cantral canal or foraminal stenosis.

C5-c6 diffuse annular bulge with focal 4-mm right posterior latateral protrusion of the disk.there is accompanying endplate and uncovertebral joint spurring asmmetrically
prominent postero-laterallyon the right.
The disk/osteophyte complex effaces the ventral thecal sac right of midline and narrows the right c5-6 neural foraman.the is mild central stenosis.
C6-c7 ther diffuse disk disk bulge with endplate and uncovertebral joint spurring. .no focal disk herniation central canal or foraminal stenosis'
cervical cord is normal in size' position and signal intensity.
Impression:
1. Spondylitic chance with 4-mm right posterior lateral disk protrusion at c5-6 with asymmertric right posterolaterolateral spurring with central stenosis thecal sac effacement and right foraminal narrowing.

2. Milder spondylitic change at c4-5 and c6-7 as described.
----------------------------------------------------------------
here is my lowe back mri
minimal scoliosis
at l4-5 there is right lateral intervertebral dis bulging approaching the exiting right l4 nerve root without neuroforaminal compromise.
There is multilevel facet osteopathy without obvious compromise.
Impression mild spondlosis without obvious canal or nerve root compromise.

It's feel like i dont have in shocks when i walk in lowels and walmart now it's starting to hurt when i just stand ... And my lower back allways hurts.......and i had 2 heart attacks aug 12.2007 and in aug 14 almost a year apart ..... And my pain doctor give me 120 lortabs a month but i really need 2 more a day .... And i think my heart doctor
I need to be taking out to woods and be shot . I just want to be able to enjoy my two sons and two grandsons one of my son is 7 years old my menopause baby.and live life even if i have to be on pain medicine the rest of my life. Much rather have a good short life then a long life in bed and pain all the time ....please help and thank all of you... Im so glad that i found this site

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: i need help understanding my mri neck and back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss 104 View Post
c4-c5 there is diffuse disk bulge prominent postero-laterallyon the right.
and live life even if i have to be on pain medicine the rest of my life. Much rather have a good short life then a long life in bed and pain all the time ....please help and thank all of you... Im so glad that i found this site
Hello and welcome here. I'm sory to hear about your situation called chronic pain. So you are allowed about 6 lortabs a day right?. You should tell your doctor it's not enough. I don't think they can let you have more than 6 lortabs a day. it's like percocet. Perhaps you should ask your doctor to let you have percocet instead. That's what they usually do, so you can have 6 percocet a day. Percocet works pretty good for my neck pain, you should at least try it. and if that doesn't work, you will have to take the long acting medication called oxycontin or other type of meds.

sounds like you really suffer. back and neck. horrible. I suffer from chronic neck pain and that's just about enough for me to make me "almost" disable.

So don't waste your time. Go back to your doctor and tell him you want to take percocet + the long acting medications.

About your surgery. Did you go to other doctors to get different opinions?. usually it's recommended to look for second, third and even more opinions before making a decision. I believe they don't want to do neck/back surgery is cause they're afraid you had a heart attack before and you have diabetic also you know but perhaps another doctor will have a different opinion.

all the best for you and I really hope you will get better

Last edited by nochange; 12-15-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Closed Thread