It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Question Just noticed on my Fentanyl Patch Prescription

I just noticed on my my Fentanyl Patch prescription that my PM Doctor made an error. (I know I should have checked my scripts over before I left her office)!

Anyway, It looks like she marked it to be refilled 3 times! Now, we all know Fentanyl can not be refilled - a new prescription is needed each month.

I'm a paranoid person and my first thought is I don't want my pharmacy to think I did it! (But, it's obviously the same ink, etc.). Plus, there would be zero incentive to do such a thing, my insurance only authorizes 10 patches a month and I have to see my PM Doctor on a monthly basis for my new scripts!

So, my quandary is ... should I call my Doctor's office and let them know the error and have my husband pick up a new prescription? Or will my Pharmacy just take the prescription and realize that my Doctor was having a busy day and made an error. Or does this "error" void the whole prescription?

Any advice is appreciated.

~ Fiona Jo

Old 01-14-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
(female)

reallywant HB User
Re: Just noticed on my Fentanyl Patch Prescription

If it were me, I would definitely call the doctor and ask him for a new prescription or at least call and ask what to do. I don't think that a pharmacy is allowed to accept a script with a mistake on it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

Fiona,
If it is at all possible, have your husband pick up a new script if your doctor's office will write it. Avoiding even an appearance of impropriety ( even though the doctor's office made the mistake- you don't want the pharmacist or one of the tech's to decide to give you a problem) is probably best.
You can always offer to send back the script to the doctor's office or have your husband drop it off tomorrow to them if they want it back.
Back

Old 01-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User

Thanks for the advise. My son has an appointment in the area of her office today, so I will probably be able to bring it by myself. Also, her office makes copies of ALL prescriptions she writes. So, I know I'm covered, I just found it to be really odd when I noticed it.

I usually am one of those people that really looks my prescriptions over before I leave the office, but this time I didn't. That's what I get for not taking the time to review my scripts!

Thanks for the input!

~ Fiona Jo

Closed Thread