It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
(male)

Chipwillits HB User
Bad Bones = Joint pain > Big Time

Hello everyone! I'm new to this board. This board has been so helpfull, I get relief just reading other peoples opions on how they deal with pain. Cronic pain is one lonely deseases. I have porouse bones which is causeing allot of arthritic pain. I am alcholic with 25yrs. sobriety, but the doc thinks this might be part of the problem. The drinking caused some kind of nerve damage. Also I am type A person trying to prove how good I was all my life, what a waste. actaully no mistake is a waist. So far I take methadone 15mlg 3x a day = 45mlg a day. methadone saved my life, I think it works great. In the beggining of my pain I was on 30mlg for 2 years "wonderfull" since I have moved up to 45mlg a day Now. Oh!! forgot 60mlg of Cymbalta a day which I think helps. Now I'm suffering from waves of pain breaking Through, (1)What med, if any, would help me. (2) What is the name of alcholic nerve damage? A Big Thank Yoouu all for aya been-in here! Ross from Ca.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Bad Bones = Joint pain > Big Time

You may be referring to Alcoholic Neuropathy which is a disorder involving decreased nerve functioning caused by damage resulting from excessive drinking of alcohol.

Have you had testing done such as CT and MRI? And if so what were the results? (If you've had the tests done and don't yet have it I recommend asking the facility that did the test to send you the results from the radiologist's review and summary). Where is the pain and what type of symptoms?

Some of the nerve pain medications out there today are Neurontin (gabapentin) and Lyrica. But the use of these depends on what the actual problem is (disc problem, nerve impingement, etc) and I'm not sure if prior alcohol use can limit how these work or if you'd need liver function tests first before your doctor would suggest something like these. Are you being treated by a Pain Med doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
(male)

Chipwillits HB User
Re: Bad Bones = Joint pain > Big Time

A BIG BIG THANK YOU!! for the important info!! SpineAZ Chip Willits

Closed Thread