It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
(female)

reallywant HB User
Question about post-dated prescription (exec?)

Hi. Quick question. My doctor post dates my prescriptions. The language used is "fill after 2/12/10." Does that mean the next day...so for the example used, would I be able to fill on the 12th (the date on the prescription) or the 13th?

Thanks

Old 02-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Question about post-dated prescription (exec?)

Personally..I would call and ask the Dr. You can never go wrong by verifying with them and they appreciate that you are wanting to do things by the book..and once you ask..you will know from here on out if they usually use the same wording..

Just my thought

(My prescription usually says.."do not fill until"...date...which is that day or after..)

Last edited by Ilovemycutedog; 02-04-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

If it says fill after, then it would mean after the date written on the prescription. The best way to find out, is to call and ask your pharmacist when you would be able to fill, since they may refuse it if you try to fill it on the 12th.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
(female)

reallywant HB User

Thank you so much for the responses. I was just curious because people seem to know a lot about CP here. I really appreciate it. I will ask the pharmacist or my doctor. I just thought that I could get a quick answer. Thanks again.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User

I think that with any type of prescription questions..it's not safe to go by an answer online since we wouldn't want to accidentally give you the wrong answer and get you in trouble with your Dr..

Take care

Old 02-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Normally it's the date on the script. Thus, I would think it would be the 12th. If the Doc wanted you to fill it on the 13th, he would have written, "fill on 2/13" or "Do not fill until 2/13."

I think what the Doc means is fill on the 12th or after, meaning do not fill until at least the 12th or do not fill "early."

The others have given you some good advice about calling. The way the Doc wrote it is unnecessarily confusing, IMO.

Take care,

Ex

Old 02-06-2010, 03:37 AM   #7
(female)

reallywant HB User

Thanks Exec. I have been waiting until the day after--which is really no problem at all. I was just very curious because it does seem like odd language to use...it doesn't seem very clear at all. You have such knowledge of PM so I appreciate your input!

Reallywant
(to be out of this pain, or to accept it...)

Old 02-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

You know, you would probably get some pharmacists who would fill it on the 12th, then others who would refuse to fill it until at least the 13th because of the word "after".

I agree with the others, the doctor should be more clear. I'd deffinately call for clarification, or ask about it at your next appointment. It's a shame we have to live in fear of making even the tiniest of mistakes.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallywant View Post
Thanks Exec. I have been waiting until the day after--which is really no problem at all. I was just very curious because it does seem like odd language to use...it doesn't seem very clear at all. You have such knowledge of PM so I appreciate your input!
You're very welcome. Like Ozzybug said, probably about half would fill it and the other half wouldn't or would call the Doc for clarification. When you take it in to get it filled, just ask the pharmacist for your own knowledge. I'd just tell him that waited to be sure, but just curious what he thought.

This one is very odd. Again, unnecessarily vague.

Regards,

Ex

Closed Thread